Breathe

A/N: As you know my stories all have happy ending, but this one kind of has a bitter sweet ending. This is an Mortal Instruments and Twilight X-Over. Edward and Bella are NOT together in this one because Edward is the bad boy of the school so to speak and a total A-hole along with his best friends Jasper Hale, Emmett McCarty, and Jace Wayland. Which means that Rosalie, Alice, and Clary are not with them either. Good? OK! I hope you enjoy and give me your thoughts at the bottom!

** I OWN NOTHING! **

BPOV

My knee bounced nervously as I sat in the waiting room by myself. It was Friday and I had been anxiously awaiting this doctor’s appointment all week. I had been sick with worry. Ever since the last visit here when Dr. Cullen told me that something was wrong with my blood cells I couldn’t stop thinking about all the stuff that could be wrong with me. Dr. Cullen, or Carlisle as I called him,  tried to assure me that it could be something simple, but I didn’t believe him.

Ever since I fell that day at the house when Charlie was at work I haven’t been the same. I found a bruise on my hip from where it struck the floor and it just won’t go away. Even after a month; it still remains. Ever since that day they have been appearing on my body out of no where. When I first found them I brushed them off. Telling myself that they were probably just coming in late after I tripped or something.

I was in denial though. I knew I was. But I didn’t want to face the possibility that it could be something worse. But right now, as I sat in this chair, I knew it was about to hit me head on and if I don’t swerve I wouldn’t be able to survive it.

“Bella?” I looked up to see a nurse dressed in pink scrubs smiling at me.

“You can come back now.” I nodded and gathered my thing before following her into a small room with a long counter and an ugly colored bed that I sat down on. She left the room leaving me with the promise that Dr. Cullen would be in soon. I couldn’t help wishing that he would get lost.

Just my bad luck, Dr. Cullen entered the room in a flourish and found his seat before he turned to me.

“Bella. How are you?” He asked with a forced smile, but I knew he wanted to cry. This man was not the father of my best friend, Alice, or the calm man who saved lives on a daily basis. This was a torn man, a man who looked like he was about to cry, and I wanted to run far, far away.

“Spit it out Carlisle.” I told him, focusing my gaze on the paper he held. He sighed and ran a hand over his face and I saw a single tear run down his face and my fears were confirmed.

“I’m so sorry Bella.” He looked up and met my eyes and I wanted to cry right then and there. “You have cancer. The cancer has gotten to bad. If only we could have only caught it earlier.” He trailed off and I knew that there was more.

“You’re terminal Bella.” He choked out before burying his face in his hands and letting some more tears run free.

Terminal…

Terminal…

Terminal…

The word resounded through my mind. I knew what it meant. The cancer had spread to far and they couldn’t stop it. They couldn’t saved me.

“How long?” I whispered.

“Six months at the most. Maybe more if we start Chemotherapy.” He whispered back and I looked up at him. As soon as he met my eyes I broke. He wanted to save me, but this was out of his hands. This was out of everybody’s hands. He jerked me into a hug and I collapsed into him as I cried.