Day 2

There I was. Still sinking down the ocean. I didn't drown. I'm just stuck there and I'm slowly sinking more. I didn't bother trying to swim up. It was useless. I looked below and saw the darkness getting closer. "Dan" I heard a voice call. I looked above and saw a figure reaching its arm out. I reached mines out instinctively and the figure grabbed my hand.

I gasped and quickly looked around. The sweat formed around my forehead. My apartment was dead quiet. The only thing that could be heard was the beats in my heart and the ticking of the clock. I squinted and looked at the clock and it was 6 Am. I widened my eyes at the shock of it being so late. "Ahh. I'll be late for the bus!" I yelled. I quickly got changed to my school uniform and pulled my phone out of the charge. When I noticed that I received messages from Phil.

Phil:

Dan school is canceled today.

Look outside.

Wait how is school canceled? It was literally the first day yesterday. I looked through the window and experienced the most shocking thing in my life. There was five feet of snow.

This isn't normal at all. How is this possible? It was sunny yesterday. This cannot be real. I sat back on the bed in disbelief. I now picked up my phone and decided to reply to Phil.

Dan:

Phil I just saw the snow

It's pretty odd don't you think?

Phil: It is really

Also nice Panic! Reference you got there

Dan:That was an unintended pun Phil.

Phil:You could say it was punintended

Dan: -_-

Why Phil?

Phil: Hah I'm sorry I couldn't help myself.

Dan: Well. Guess who's going to stay at home for the whole day.

Phil: Well you can always come to my place if you want.

Dan: You're joking.

Phil: No I'm serious

Come over today!

Dan: You're family is probably there and I'm very awkward

Phil:It's okay

They just want to meet you

Please 🦁♥️

Dan:Okay Phil

I'll come over

Phil: YAY!

I'll send you the address!

Dan:

Alright see you there :)

Ugh. What am I doing? It's just been a day. It's literally just a day since I met Phil. Now his family wants to meet me? But I'm such a fail. Yet I couldn't let him down. Plus I owe him for saving my life.I finally decided to get out of my school uniform, and get into my a thick jumper. Since I'm assuming it's freezing outside. I left my apartment and felt the bitter cold of the lobby. I was about to get out but someone stopped me "Mate I don't think you wanna go out there" A man said holding my wrist. I pulled away "I think I do want to go out" I replied. "May god be with you mate. There's no way anyone can make it back in a weather like this" I ignored him and continued to walk towards the door.

The moment door had opened. I felt the frost tingle my cheeks and my breath already fogged up and formed crystals in the air. I rubbed my arms and placed my hands in my warm pockets. I walked towards the streets and lifted my hand up to hail a taxi.

The trip wasn't even that long. I got out of the cab and and paid the taxi driver. "Good luck mate. I heard there were to be a storm today" He warned me before driving away quickly "Thanks?" I replied confusingly. I turned around and looked at the gate of the house "So this is it huh" I said to myself. I breathed in and rang the doorbell.

"Hold on darling I'm coming" A woman's voice said. She began unlocking the gate and gave me a judgmental look. This woman looked tired. Her short blonde hair that seemed to be fading away. I could tell that she might've been stressed about something. "You must be Daniel" She said now giving a smile. I nodded. "Well come in dear. It's freezing out there" She said now placing her arm on my shoulder. She closed the gate behind her and led me inside. "I'm so happy that you can be here today. Phil doesn't really have much close friends you know" She said. "All his friends have left him ever since..." She paused. I was curious but I didn't want to rush her if it were something personal. "Ever since they found out about his sickness" She continued with a hint of sorrow in her voice. "Please be good to him" She said staring into my eyes. "I promise" I said. She opened the door and called Phil.

He came to me quickly and gave me a strong hug "I'm glad you made it safe" I felt the warmth of him just making my ice cold skin feel warmer. "I hope I didn't cause you any trouble Dan" He said giving a small smile. "No no it's alright" I said smiling back. "Um. Dan can you please help me take my IV stand upstairs?" He asked. I didn't even notice it being there, but honestly I didn't mind at all. He's sick so he really needs it. "Oh of course" I said picking it up behind him.

After getting upstairs and shutting the door behind us, Phil sat on his bed, and took a deep breath out. "Dan. Please don't freak out once I remove my beanie" He said instantly. "Why would I?" I questioned. "Because this is the point where everyone just leaves me. My old friends just left when they found out why I really wear a beanie" He said with his voice breaking in sadness "Those aren't your real friends If they leave you just by finding out something small" I replied. "This isn't something small" He said placing his hands on his beanie. "Dan, I have been diagnosed with Leukemia" He said pulling off his beanie to reveal that he has small patches of hair. He began to choke up and cry onto his sleeves. I didn't know how to react. I thought he was sick but I didn't realize how sick he really was. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. He suddenly stopped crying "I still think you're cool" I said wrapping my arms tighter. I felt his hot tears soak my jumper. He finally pulled away, wiped his tears, and sniffed. "Thank you" He said smiling once again. "Well what are we gonna do?" I asked now smiling. "Oh well. We can have a marathon of Stars Wars if you want" He said raising his eyebrows. "I think I love you already" I said. "Well then we can't have a marathon without popcorn now can we?" He said grinning. He got up and got his popcorn maker that was on his desk. He picked up a bag of popcorn kernels and began to pop them.

Many hours later. I checked my phone and saw that it's already 11 Pm. "Ahh it's so late I need to go home!" I yelled. "No it's dangerous to go now!" Phil yelled back. "But-" I said hesitantly "Look outside. There's a storm and worse it's late at night. What if someone tries to rob you?" He said. I had to say it was pretty convincing. "Alright fine. Do you have any extra clothes?" I asked. "Yeah. You can check the closet and just pick out anything" He replied. I walked towards his closet and looked in it to find something comfortable to wear "Phil you have nice taste in clothes" I said smiling at his colorful clothes. "I'll go tell my mum you're gonna sleep over and the bathroom is over there if you need to change or anything" He said walking out the room. I picked a navy blue star patterned pajama and placed it on my arm. I walked into the toilet and changed into Phil's pajamas.

After I changed, I found that Phil dimmed the lights and placed a fold up bed close to his bed. "Oh you look great! Also I hope you don't mind sleeping on this because we don't really have a guests room" He said giving a slight smile. "It's alright" I said smiling. He got onto his bed and stared at the ceiling "I'm not gonna live long" He whispered. The thought choked me up. Phil doesn't deserve to die. He just can't die just yet. I just got to know him. "Then I'll be sure to be there till death" I whispered. There was a long pause and we both stayed in the eerie silence "Thank you" he finally whispered and broke the silence. "Goodnight Phil" I whispered "Goodnight Dan" He replied. Now feeling drowsy, my eyes slowly rested.