Between Love & Deception (Chapter 38)

Start from the beginning

            This time, I wouldn’t forgive Samantha though. I wouldn’t let her come barging back into my life next time. I know we both made mistakes the first time we fell for each other but this time. This time was all her. She is the only one that made the mistake here. Now, I was left with a son that I don’t know anything about. One that doesn’t know anything about his father. A son that probably resents me and everything that I am worth because I wasn’t there for him when he was younger.  No wander he was looking at me so oddly the night I took Samantha out on our first date.

            I closed my eyes, and pulled the woman tighter into my body. Tomorrow I would go home and pack. Then, I will move to Boston and start my life over completely with nothing holding me back. Of course, I will send her money for Beau but that’s it. Why should I be in a child’s life that doesn’t know me one bit? He probably doesn’t care to know me either.

            The next morning I woke up, with a slight head and body ache. The woman that was lying next to me last night had completely worked my body out. Usually, I am the one to give no mercy but this time it was completely the other way around.

            I shuffled in the bed easily, trying not to wake her up. Though, before I could leave I would have to find all of my clothing. I looked under the bed and around it but I couldn’t find it. I eased up the sheet, and my boxer briefs were tangled up at the edge of the bed with the sheets. I quickly grabbed them and slipped them on alone with the rest of my clothing.

            As I walked out of the apartment building that I had stayed in last night, I looked up to the bright sun. It was beating down on my skin, but it wasn’t too hot yet. And that only let me know that it was still early in the morning. Early enough to go back to the hospital and not have to worry about getting ambushed by anyone.

            I quickly drove to the hospital, and as I walked in the cold air hit me in the face. It was a lot different than walking in the hospital last night, once everyone had found out about Beau being shot the doctors and nurses were running around everywhere. The waiting rooms were filled with frantic friends and family. At this time of day, everything was calm and peaceful.

            I walked up to the front desk, and the brown headed nurse looked up at me and smiled. “Hello there, how may I help you this morning?” She asked, with a cheerful voice.

            “Yeah, I am here to visit Beau Smith?”

            She looked at me oddly, and then looked down at her booklet that was sitting in front of her. “I am sorry Mr…I am sorry but, Beau’s condition isn’t allowing him to see any visitors other than family. All I can tell you is that, you can wait in line with everyone else.” She said.