Chapter 12

And thats how I got stuck sipping tea, with a bunch of smiling lookalike Stepford wives, gushing over everything about Katherine. 

I know. Lucky me. 

Honestly, the things you do for this boy Stevie, I thought unhappily, popping a macaroon in my mouth and chewing on it loudly in attempt to be a nuisance.  

We’d just spent the entire day so far watching Katherine open presents, then guessing how much her ring cost, then saying our favorite things about her, then talking about everything wedding. This woman was going all out. I shuddered to think the money this beautiful country was forking out so she could have ice sculptured, swan lake, full orchestra, silk filled wedding. 

I’d somehow thought that this would be better, that I’d be more of an inconvenience to Katherine. Yet, she seemed completely unbothered by my presence; she was in her element. She’d even managed to add a few snark comments about me to people, making it tastefully clear to everyone her dislike of me. 

“All right everyone, now we’re going to play a new game- pin the tiara on Katherine.” 

The ladies squealed apprehensively, while Katherine beamed at the thought of her in a tiara. 

Kill me now. 

I looked around hopefully, seeking an escape route. I’d been here for long enough, surely I could be excused. I stood up and headed towards an exit. 

I opened the door, only to be blocked by a new table coming in. I moved out the way, as Betty pushed in sets of light alcohol- champagne, a fruity punch and wines. 

“All right there Miss Stevie?” She said, greeting me, clearly noticing my desire to leave.

I barely heard her. I was staring at this table, while my mischievous mind sparked. This was exactly what the party needed to loosen it up; to ensure it ensued chaos as a real Bachelorette party should. Only, this amount of alcohol wouldn’t do, not with these prudes. What it needed was an extra kick. 

“Yes, yes, I’m actually perfectly fine Betty- just stepping out to the bathroom quickly. I’ll be right back. Won’t you just hold the drinks before I get here. I’d love to make a toast!” 

She eyed me suspiciously; knowing my reputation. But sensing she could prove anything of what I’d said wasn’t true, she sighed defeatedly.

“Of course Miss.”

“Thank you Betty,” I said, waving and closing the door behind me.

I stood on the other side of the door for a moment, relinquishing a Katherine free zone. Before grinning and setting off towards the kitchen. 

Upon arriving, I slipped quietly through the doors to find the kitchen in full swing. Everyone rushing around baking, decorating cakes, mixing and setting up trays to be sent out to Katherine’s Bridal Shower. To busy to notice a curly blonde haired girl. 

I headed straight towards the section where I knew I’d find what I needed, weaving in and out of busy people as I went.  I luckily knew the kitchen pretty well due to my enormous appetite and continuous snacking. 

I finally found the cupboard I was looking for. And opening it, I couldn’t help but smile evilly. There was nothing quite like plan coming together. It was a great feeling; one that I’d definitely missed. 

I reached out and grabbed a bottle of vodka and tequila, slipping them quickly under my cardigan. It didn’t hide them well, but it would have to do.

I rushed back to the party, excited all of a sudden for what was to come.

Reaching the door, I opened it carefully, peering inside. Nothing had changed much since I had left, if anything it had probably gotten more boring. Everyone was shrieking in excitement as Katherine tried to pin the tiara on herself.