Chapter 9

I leave from with Dino and I call Japree and tell him I'm outside. Japree comes out to the car and gets in.

"Wassup?" I say to him once he is situated.

"Where you been nigga?" He asks.

"Around. What you wanna do today?"

"Let's go to the movies and see The Purge. It's been awhile since we hung out. Milo and BJ supposed to be meeting us there" Japree says.

"What we meeting them there for?" I ask.

"Boy they was already together, and when I told them we was about to link up. They wanted to go too." I nod and pull off heading to Movie Theatre.

"So what you been up to?" I ask, breaking the silence of the music blasting.

"Nothing really. You know I got into it with Janae the other day?" He says, turning his head towards me.

"Really? For why?" I look at him briefly before turning back to the road.

"Because her brother fucked Triniya, and he chose to be petty. He basically took her virginity then broke up with her. Janae was calling her a hoe in class, so I put my input in for my friend because no one else was trying to." He explained.

"Wait so her other friends heard it... That's fake." I shake my head.

"Right dude. I was like I hate when your friends hear people talking about you, and choose to say nothing about it. Bitch you allowed it, and you're basically laughing with the enemy."

I nod my head in agreement. "Have you started talking to anyone at school lately?" I ask.

He smirks to himself. "A few but nothing serious. What about you? You stayed having hoes."

"Having is past tense..." I say. "I just been chilling. It's a few situations that have been steaming up but nothing too serious for me."

"Do I know any of them?" He asks.

I laugh lowly. "You just might."

"Ooo subliminals." He jokes.

We pull up to the theater and I park. I see Milo and BJ sitting on a bench in front of the theatre, and I walk over to them. All of us purchase our tickets then head into the theater. The ticket man takes our tickets, and we head over to the registers to buy some popcorn and soda.

"What made y'all decide to come here?" Milo asks.

"I was with Dino, and Japree called saying he wanted to hang so here we are." I said watching the woman scoop up my popcorn.

"Why his ass didn't come?" BJ asks.

"You got his number?" I ask.

He nods a yes.

"Then call and ask him that question." I laugh, taking my popcorn from the counter.

"Apply water to burned area." Milo pokes and BJ slaps his hand away.

"Fuck y'all. " He laughs.

After getting our food and snacks we head into the movie, and sit at the top row. I was next to Milo and BJ was next to Japree. The movie starts and it was good. I was into the movie when something caught my eye. I could see Japree hand moving continuously but I didn't know what for. BJ had his jacket covering over his torso, so I really couldn't see what was going on. I shrugged it off as much as I could until I hear them mumbling to each other.

"Stop doing that shit." BJ said lowly.

"Doing what? This?" Japree responded.

BJ kept fidgeting around. "Yes bruh."