1.

It was an early morning for Beyoncé as she trudged through the hard-hitting snow. Starbucks was the number one thing on her mind right now; coffee was a necessity for the day she was about to have. Usually she goes to the normal Starbucks location that has a drive-thru in her city of New Jersey before her commute to New York City, but today she decided to wait the hour and stop inside. NYC buzzed with people all around the streets and just like her, entering the establishment ready for their frapps, lattes, and everything else the shop offered. Once she found a parking space and closed her jacket a little bit more, she stood in line and waited her turn. Scrolling through social media to pass the time, the person in front of her turned a little to quick and ended up bumping her in the process.

"Oh my bad, miss. I didn't mean to bump you," the man, in a nice fitted black suit said to her. Beyoncé looked up at the towering figure before her and shyly said "it's okay," before placing her order to the cashier. She turned around once her change was given and saw the man again, staring at her with a smile. Usually she doesn't like long stares from people in general because she finds it rude and plain out a pet peeve of hers, but this man's stare was acceptable in her mind. Shawn. That's his name Beyoncé figured out once his cup was placed in his hands and thanked the barista.

"Um excuse me miss-"

"It's Beyoncé. Yours?"

"Shawn."

He had a charming smile across his face, giving Beyoncé even more reason to entertain the conversation. Her name was called a little too soon for her liking and paused the conversation to receive her drink. Together the two strangers went to the counter where all the condiments laid out for their coffee drinks and continued talking.

"So Miss Beyoncé, I would love to see you again to actually talk with you more. I know you have no clue who I am but you seem like a nice person." Shawn lightly touched Beyoncé's arm as he spoke. "I would like that Shawn. I hate that I'm actually in a rush, but take my business card with my info." She never broke eye contact with him as she reached down into her coat pocket to retrieve the card. Shawn,too, had a business card and placed it in her delicate hand. He wasn't sure if he'll be the first to contact the woman, but at least she had his as well. 50/50 chance either way. They both headed towards the door and parted ways.

~~~~~
" Whooo-hoooo! I'm so happy right now!" Beyoncé entered her bedroom and took off all the layers of clothing that kept her warm in the cold. Officially quitting her job as a full-time nanny was a relief for her. She loves kids, but this wasn't the career she planned. It was a long time coming, and now she can pursue her dreams of becoming a personal shopper. The love of helping others, and seeing the satisfaction on their faces is what she longed to do. Being a personal shopper is much more than assisting her clients' every need and want, but it's about using communication skills effectively to make things happen on the first go round. Being a personal shopper does not equate to being a personal assistant. Beyoncé has always said that spiel to her beloved brother Anthony, who insists Beyoncé actually put her Marketing degree to use and find a real job. "I mean seriously Bey, being a nanny and watching other people's kids is not cutting it. You don't have your own place, you don't have any set goals, and you're not married yet." The daily chastisement was nothing new to Beyoncé. Anthony is very loving and caring to his baby sister, but when things aren't adding up according to him, there's no way around his thinking. Either she suck it up and dealt with the constant criticism made from him and sometimes his wife, Nicole or actually move out of Anthony's loft...
~~~~~
Shawn's POV
"Mr. Carter, Mr. Davis wants you in his office as soon as you can," Lauryn, the firm's receptionist said on the line. "Thanks Lauryn, I'll be right there." Putting his suit jacket back on and straightening his tie, Shawn walked down the long hallway towards Mr. Davis' office. The large, narrow glass doors seem intimidating, but if you've ever caught a moment with Davis and held a conversation, you'll find that he's a nice and good-natured man. A true boss to be exact.

"Hey Shawn. Thanks for coming in. Everything's running smoothly in the company?" Mr. Davis sat back in his chair, gingerly loosening up his tie to feel more comfortable. His best employee stood in front of him and in his eyes never made any wrong moves for the sake of the company.

"Yes sir. Nothing to worry about at all." With a smile adorning his face, Davis clasped his hands together and motioned Shawn to sit.

"Great. Now you know every year for the holiday season every employee takes turn buying gifts for the whole staff. This year I decided it'll be your turn. Julie did an impeccable job last Christmas, and though it's not a competition, I can't wait to see what you whip up!" Shawn nervously smiled back at Mr. Davis.

"Oh yes. It is that time again and I've already put thought in the gifts in case it was my turn," he said to his boss. In reality, Shawn forgot all about the gift exchange, and especially the possibility of it being his turn. He has no clue what to buy everyone he work with because he never interacts with them. Bidding farewell to his boss, Shawn headed back to his office feeling worried.

Working for Davis & Co. Firm for the past 6 years, Shawn worked his way up the ranks and is now Davis' right-hand man in all the logistics of the company. People envy Shawn Carter and they have every right. But it's not easy being Shawn Carter; the dedication that consisted of long hours in the office when he was a mere rookie, going out of the way to make sure every deadline was met, spending his last dime at times to run mindless errands, etc.; every sacrifice eventually paid off. Except for one didn't. His sweet baby girl, Peyton Carter, who just turned 7 years old. Every day he neglects spending time with his daughter by focusing on work and building a better future for the both of them. He barely even knows much about Peyton. Maybe one day he'll wake up and realize what's really important, but until then he has to keep grinding.

****Comment and VOTE! ****