Chapter 2

"Kellie," Tay is waking me up. "Classes start in an hour," I stand up. It was Monday. 

"What?"

"Do you need to shower and stuff?" 

"Nah. I shower at night," She nods. Tay was wearing a pair of whitewash skinny jeans, sandals, and a tank top. I throw on my "The Reckless and The Brave" tank top and a pair of skinny jeans. I also throw on my converse that had been placed ever so stratigically at the top of my closet. I throw on my makeup and run a straightener through my hair. A prefect leads me to a classroom in the main building. A lanky man with a suit on stands at the front of the lecture room. 

"You must be Kellie Tyler," He didn't even look up.

"Y-yes s-s-ir," Dammit. My stutter is showing.

"Mr. Reynolds. You will sit right in front," I nod and sit. Tay walks in and sits down near the middle. She pulls out a textbook. We go through class and I actually find it to be easier than I thought I would. Matter of fact, all my classes are relatively easy. Next, I go to my part time job at the radio station. I end up shelving CD's with a girl by the name of Rachel. She has a nose piercing and a tattoo on her back, but she's super chill. I go back to the dorm, quickly pass through my homework (with a little help from Tay), and fall asleep. 

***

I wake up at 10:30. It was Saturday now. Troye calls me at noon and tells me he'll be here at 4:30. I tell him that's fine. I throw on some jeans and a t-shirt. Tay fixes my makeup and hair, putting it up into a nice updo. Troye texts me that he's here.

Tay walks me out of the girls' dormitory and I hug her.

"Wish me luck,"

"You won't need it. A pretty girl like you could get any guy she took a liking to," She hugs me again quickly and walks back to the dorm. I open the front gate and see Troye in his dad's minivan. He sees me and steps out of the car. He gives me a hug. As he lets go, his right hand lingers on my waist. 

"We're gonna go cheap tonight," He takes me to his house and down to his bedroom, where a picnic of fast food is on the floor. He smiles and takes my hand.

"Best first date ever," I say. He also holds up the movie Mean Girls. One of my favorites.

"I was thinking we could keep it simple. My parents left just for this. They went to spend the night at my cousins. They won't be here 'til tomorrow," Is he implying something?

"Oh, okay," We sit down as he pops in the movie. We eat as we quote Mean Girls.

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?" Troye says.

"Oh my God Karen. You can't just ask people why they're white," I reply. We laugh. Just as the ending comes up, Troye grabs my waist. What was happening? 

"Can I kiss you now? Would that be okay? Because I really want to. This might be going a little bit fast, but I have had you on my mind since I met you at the airport on Saturday," I nod and he does. 

Our mouths mold together, almost as if they were made for each other. My hands sit on his shoulders and his on my back. I can feel his fingers tracing my back dimples. I was kissing one of my favorite Youtubers. This was crazy. We stop and smile. Almost on instinct, I peck his lips once more. He grabs my hand and interlaces his fingers with mine. He sits me down on his bed.

"Name a song," 

"Any song?"

"Any cover I've done. I'll do it live for you," 

"Pumped up kicks," I say because that's my favorite cover of his. He sings, his pure voice making me shiver. 

"Good?" 

"Yes," I say. He walks me to the car and we drive. I wasn't really sure where we were going, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be with Troye. He drove, one hand on the steering wheel, one hand interlaced with mine. By the time we decided to drop me off back at uni, I realized it was too late for me to go back. I would get in trouble.

"Shit. I can't go back. It's passed curfew," I can see Troyes eye's light up. 

"You can stay at my place. Parents won't be back until 2:00 tomorrow afternoon," I accept. Quickly I text Tay, telling her the issue. She never texted me back. We drive back to his house, where he gives me some of his pajamas. We stay up until 2:00 in the morning doing nothing but enjoying each other's company. We finally fall asleep, his arm around me, my head on his chest.