Fights and Rainy Nights

Start from the beginning

I was fine with working with the blonde who's name was Krista Lenz. She was light too so I wouldn't have to worry about the lifting as much. Most of my strength was in my legs and my arms were noodles. What could you do about it?

I was hoping that Reiner would be at the room when I got there so I could tell him goodbye, so when I opened the door I was happy to see him. Though I didn't expect to see him with his arm around Krista. And them watching a movie on his laptop. In the dark.

Both of them looked at me when I opened the door. I didn't understand what it had been that came over me, but I seemed to become extremely annoyed at the sight of them. I flipped the light on with an over dramatic flick of my arm and went to look for my bag with my clothes.

When I found it, I threw some books and another pair of my shoes into the bag. I then grabbed the backpack that I carried around all the time and grabbed my other unitard for when I went to the studio to practice. I knew he didn't see that because he was rubbing his temples at the blinding light.

I put the straps of the bags on my shoulder and started to walk out when I heard Reiner say my name. I stopped and waited for him to say something while I stood in the door way, but not daring to turn to face him. "Aren't you going to say bye or anything about where you're going?" He asked, as if I needed to tell him anything.

I looked over at them and seen that Krista was very uncomfortable with the tension between me and Reiner. I was still irritated for some reason so I responded as nicely as possible to Reiner's question. "Yes, I will. Goodbye Krista. Have a great weekend." Then I left.

I walked swiftly down the hallway when I heard our door reopen and then heavy footsteps behind me. Sadly they caught up with me. Reiner put his hand on my shoulder to stop me, and if it hadn't been for him being stronger than me I would've kept on. "Bertl, where are you going?" He asked, a little out of breath. I turned sharply towards him and glared harder than I knew I was capable of. His eyes widened at my stare.

"Why should I have to tell you where I'm going when you disappear for five god damn days without me having a single clue as to where you might be or if you were even alive? Tell me why the fuck I should have to tell you a damn thing? Tell me if that's fair, please tell me if it is because if it is I will turn my ass around and walk out of here and you won't see me again ever. Not that you care of course." I said loudly and full of anger.

He seemed as shocked as I was at my outburst. There were a few people that opened their doors a crack to see what the yelling and cussing was about. Reiner looked around us awkwardly at the people who opened their doors. He looked a bit hurt as well when I looked really hard.

"You know just as well as I do that the last thing you said is a lie." He stated, trying not to raise his voice. For some reason, a part of me wanted him to yell at me. Scream, even. "I know I shouldn't have just left out without a note or anything at all to let you know something. And I know you're upset that I haven't made time for you but I have for Krista-"

"You think I'm upset about that? It's not the fact that you made time for her, no I'm glad that you did because she's a sweetheart. I'm upset that you would leave me to think that the only best friend I ever had was gone." I said without thinking. His body grew tense. His eyes burned with an emotion I had never seen before.

"Is that the kind of person you think I am?!? Do you think of me as someone that would call you my best friend this early on and then just walk the fuck away like you never mattered to me?! What the fuck do you take me for? I don't care how fucked up you are in the head! You do not take me as someone that gives up on something good." I felt a tear run down my face after he said something about me being fucked up in the head, and he seemed to realize how he messed up too.