Kiss No. 1

The day they meet, Dean drops a pie on the ground because the guy's eyes are so gorgeous. They're blue and giant and Dean would paint with the colors if he could.

"Coffee, please. Black," the man gruffly says. He's wearing a magenta sweater that easily compliments his eyes.

"Name?" Dean asks, his voice cracking. He blushes and grabs a Sharpie from the counter, prepared to write down the guy's name on the receipt.

Hot Sweater Guy smiles. "McDreamy," he says, and saunters off to a table. Dean's tongue goes dry and he glances down and realizes that he's wearing his "SEATTLE GRACE INTERN" shirt. He looks back at Hot Sweater Guy, who now has his nose buried in some book from the varied shelf Dean has in the corner, and Dean smiles at him.

•••

Dean has begun to notice that Hot Sweater Guy somewhat resembles Patrick Dempsy and thus, in Dean's mind, Hot Sweater Guy's name changes from "Doctor" to "Dr. McDreamy" to "McDreamy" to "Derek" to plain "Doc" and finally back to Hot Sweater Guy, because it can get confusing.

Today Sweater Guy's wearing a baby blue sweater with bumblebees on it, and he smiles as he asks for his coffee, black, and hands Dean a ten. It's too much for the coffee, a whole seven dollars over what he needs to be paid, and then the man says "Keep it," and Dean gapes at Hot Sweater Guy.

"Hot Sw — Man, are you sure?" Dean asks. Sweater Guy shrugs.

"Noticed you staring at me yesterday, probably undressing me in your mind, and I realized that maybe I wasn't so out of luck with the Hot Baker." Sweater Guy saunters out of the shop with no coffee, and Dean looks at the back of the bill. Attached to it is a sticky note that says

I'm free tonight. Call me. (I have Netflix.) 555-1269

Castiel :)

Dean's face blooms like an idiot at the smiley face and he shoves the note into his pocket, willing the hours to go by faster.

•••

"Hello?"

"Uh, hi. Castiel? This is Dean. The, um, Hot Baker." Dean blushes and leans against his counter, probably for support.

"Dean. So that's your name. If you don't mind me asking, why are you calling?"

"Uh," Dean stammers, suddenly fearing that he miscalculated the note. "I — uh — do you wanna watch Netflix?" Dean hears Hot Sweater Guy – Castiel – chuckle over the line and it's deep and sexy and goes straight to Dean's dick.

"Alright, Dean," Castiel says.

•••

They meet at the shop and have been awkwardly eying each other as Dean closes up. Especially Castiel. He's got his eyes on Dean's everything and Dean doesn't know whether to be turned on or scared. He chooses turned on and flips the last lock on the display case shut, finally turning to face Castiel, whose cheeks are pink and whose hair is tousled.

"Hello, Dean," he says, and Dean smiles lightly. "Shall we head back to my place?" Castiel's eyes flicker down to Dean's lips and Dean's breath hitches.

"Yeah," he says, voice strained. "Yeah. That would be, um, nice." Castiel nods but doesn't move his feet, eyes still locked on Dean.

"You're single?" he asks, eyes twinkling.

Dean nods, almost too quick. "Why?" Castiel smiles and runs a quick hand through his hair.

"'Cause then I can do this," he says, hand on Dean's neck.

Castiel is rough and teeth and fuck, it's the hottest kiss Dean's ever had. He clenches his fist into Castiel's sweater and tries to pull him closer. Their noses are smushed and Dean's pretty sure Cas is drawing blood from his lip and then they pull apart, resting their foreheads against each other's.

"Oh," Dean whispers, and Castiel smirks.

"I've got Netflix, a fire, and a very comfy couch waiting for us at my apartment," Castiel says. "You up for it?" Dean nods and, without thinking, kisses Castiel again. It's slower this time, and there's less teeth; less tongue. Dean can feel the love and passion behind it and butterflies build low in his gut. Castiel's hand comes up to the side of Dean's face and then down to Dean's waist. Dean smiles as wide as he can without breaking the kiss, and Cas reciprocates.