Chapter 10

"Wow," was all I could say after my great uncles had finished their story. I turned to Stan.

"So all this time you were just trying to save your brother... Grunkle Stan, I'm so sorry I didn't believe you," I said looking straight in his eyes.

"That's okay, kid. I probably wouldn't believe me either." I gave him a hug and separated quickly. Then, I turned to Mabel and pulled her in for a hug.

"Mabel, I'm terribly sorry for the way I was yelling at you!" A tear escaped my eye. I thought she would be mad at me until I felt her gentle arms wrap around me as well. "Y-you're not mad?"

She laughed. "Why would I be mad at you? You were just under a lot of pressure is all." We were embraced for a while until it was interrupted by voices heard above us.

"I heard talking! It was coming from downstairs!" I heard Agent Trigger say.

"Oh no, it's too late! The agents are coming for us!" Stan panicked.

"What do we do?" Mabel gasped.

"Oh man, I was so spell-bound by your dramatic tale I forgot all about those dudes!" Soos butted in. That sparked an idea in my head.

"Wait, forget! That's it! I think I know a way we might be able to defeat those agents!" I reached into my backpack and pulled out the memory-erasing gun that we stole from the Blind Eye Society.

My new great uncle took it from my hands. "Of course! I don't know how you got ahold of one of these but this is perfect!" He walked over to a large sound system and began to rewire it, connecting it to the memory-erasing gun. He's gonna use sound to erase the minds of the agents! Brilliant!

"Everyone plug your ears! Get down, now!" He shouted. We followed his command and soon after, a high-pitched sound was heard. I squinted as the sound pierced my ears. Everyone else did the same.

Once the sound was gone, Stanford motioned us to get up and follow him upstairs. We were about to exit but Grunkle Stan held us back. Mabel, Stan, Soos and I gazed out the window as our new uncle spoke to the agents. After a few minutes, they all drove away.

Mabel rushed outside. "Great Uncle Stanford that was amazing!" She cheered.

"Let's not go hasty, it was serviceable," Stan argued.

"Haha, thank you, kids but please, call me Ford." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sure! Thanks Great Uncle Ford!" I said awkwardly. "So-uh- would you mind if I asked you a couple billion questions about Gravity Falls!" My mind was exploding with questions until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Alright kiddos. It's been a long night and me and my brother have a lot to talk about. So why don't you just hit the hay, huh?" Stan budged in.

"But, it's the author!" I started clicking my pen. "I've been waiting so long to ask questions-"

"I said, hit, the hay!" He pushed Mabel and me back into the shack. I was a bit upset but I understood the reason and obeyed.  Mabel had her hand on my shoulder as we went upstairs and got ready for bed.  I only took my shoes, vest and hat off while Mabel changed into her nightgown in the bathroom.  She came back in quickly.

"Why so panicked," I asked her sitting on my bed. 

"Shh!"  She said to me.  She put her ear up to the door, listening in on the older men's conversation.

After a while of listening, it slowly died and we could hear angry footsteps walk across the creaky floor.

"Did you heard what they said?" Mabel started, softly speaking.  "I think Grunkle Ford said they're gonna buy us puppies made of ice cream."

I began to think for a moment.  "I don't know if this is good or bad. I wanted to meet the author but-"

"Yeah, I liked the way things were here before," Mabel cut my train of thought, "just us and Stan and only the occasional goblin monster."

"Eh, I'm sure they'll work things out," I said with a reassuring smile.

"Dipper, you don't think we'll turn out like Stan and Ford, do you?"  She said worriedly.

"W-what do you mean?" I was saddened by this comment. 

"I mean, they used to be best friends before they got all stupid.  Can you promise me you won't get stupid?"  She turned to face me.

"Not stupider than you, dumb dumb!" I joked.  She gave a nervous chuckle.

"Good night, stupid."

"Good night, stupid," I replied back to her.  I switched off the lamp and happily fell asleep with only the small thought that something was off about Mabel...

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but at least the last one was long! I just wanted to get this scene out of the way... This scene scared me so much when I watched this episode live!  Anyway, hope you guys have a good day/morning/night, whenever you read this! ~Rachel