Niall felt his hands shaking as he pressed the doorbell. His irregular heartbeat became, even more, erratic as the anticipation of who was going to open the door. As the wooden door made a creaking sound, Niall almost jumped from where he was standing. His blue eyes adjusted to the almost six-foot-tall person with brown hair and the familiar blue eyes like his.

"Niall, is that you?"

"Yes," Niall answered but before he could take another breath, Niall found himself being bear hugged by his own brother, Greg.

"Goddammit Niall! I miss you so much, little bro!" Greg sniffed as the tears were escaping from his eyes. It was a long time since the last time he saw his little brother. After a couple of months after Niall graduated, Greg was surprised when Niall told the whole family that he was moving to London to help with financing his nephew's medical bill. Greg didn't expect his brother to mature so fast as if the time was moving ahead in a blink of an eye. As much as he wanted to disagree with Niall, he couldn't. His son had this rare genetic disorder affecting the immune system and that's why his son, Theo, had to stay in the hospital all the time. But seeing Niall taking a burden for him was making him feel guilty. Greg thought that Niall should be applying for colleges and universities, and enjoying his life, and not to carry the responsibilities of an adult. That's why Greg was so thankful for all the sacrifice that his little brother made for him.

"You're suffocating me," Greg heard his brother choking, making him release Niall quickly.

"Sorry, little bro," Greg chuckled. Then, he noticed that there was someone, who was standing behind Niall, who was wearing a big sun hat and gigantic sunglass, and all Greg could do was to look at the person in a weird way. "Hey, you brought company, Niall?"

"Oh yeah, this is..."

Zayn took off the hat and the sunglass and smiled at his future brother-in-law.

"I'm—" Zayn answered but before could say another word, he was cut off by Greg.

"Hey, I know you!" Zayn was grinning widely when Greg recognized him right away. Of course, who wouldn't know a prominent member of a boyband in the entire planet? "You're Aiden, right? Niall's boyfriend?" Instantly, Zayn got irritated and annoyed. Even as Niall and Aiden were not together anymore, Zayn couldn't escape the ghost of Aiden. Suddenly, Zayn felt like he was always second behind Aiden at everything in Niall's life.

"No, Greg. That's Zayn Malik."

Greg gasped, slowly deadpanning his head towards his little brother then back to Zayn. "Z-z-Zayn Ma-Malik? As in the Zayn Malik? Your boss Zayn Malik?"

"One and the same," Zayn answered, hiding his irritation. It was not his plan to give a false impression to his future brother in law. He extends his hand to shake it with Greg. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," Greg nodded his head. He knew his brother worked for a famous boyband, but he never thought that he would actually meet at least one of them. Suddenly, his head felt like was spinning in circles.

"Who was at the door?" A voice roared from inside the house that made all them looked who it was.

"Mum!" Greg yelled. "We have visitors!"

And once again, Niall became nervous again. His heartbeat was rising again to the point that he felt like he was going to have a cardiac arrest. But as soon as he saw the familiar woman, Niall couldn't help but to let out another set of tears.

"Mum..."

*****

"It was quite a surprise to see you back home. Why didn't you even tell me that you're paying me a visit," Maura asked as he stared at his youngest son, who was sitting in one of the dining chairs beside a famous celebrity. She saw Zayn Malik multiple times on the TV, magazines, and newspaper.