Chapter 3: Deal With an Imp ✔

Start from the beginning

     "I know, Ayden! But I want her back! I like her now. Who the hell she thinks she is?" I frowned at the screen of my cellphone while Ayden chuckled.

    "See? That is why I don't waste my time with that steady thing. You know my motto, Andrew: check it, bang it, and throw it away. Just like freaking beer bottles, you drink them and then you dump them in the trash," Ayden commented, smirking.

I could tell he was counting the long list of girls he practiced his "motto" with. 

    Ayden could be my musketeer till death, but I didn't agree with how he treated girls. I mean, I did that too, but I'd like to steady for once and settle down.

And it's obvious he doesn't have a sister, because I will kill the bastard that practice Ayden's motto on her. I don't want to even think about it.

      "I know you have these tricks you use with girls.”

He narrowed his eyes at my cocked suggestive eyebrows. “Do you really want to get back with her?” he asked. He sounded like a warlock who was warning me about the side effects of whatever he was on to spell for my benefice.

“Yes,” I said, but before Ayden could talk further, Dad walked in from his back office.

    "Hey, gentlemen!” Dad took off his apron and placed it on the counter while he grasped his jacket. “Ayden boy, how’s soccer going?”

    "Awesome like always, Larry. We made it to finals." Ayden expressed, grinning while he shifted from his chair in order to gaze at dad.

     Dad placed his hand on top of Ayden's shoulder and smiled down to a beaming Ayden. "Atta' boy! I'm proud of you, son.”

    I could see it. It was clear. Dad's words were what Ayden always wanted to hear but still avoided it.  Sometimes I felt pity—like now. When Dad hung around, Ayden was transformed into a kid who just wanted approval.

    "Son,” Dad boomed with his strong voice. His eyes were searching mine. “Are you alright?”

I just nodded.

“Well, I'm going to run some errands. And you guys are going to pay for that ice cream tonight. Close it and clean it.”

I nodded again.

He made his way to the door, but he abruptly spun around with a grave look.  “Oh, and an employee will come by. She’s going to ask for her paycheck, give it to her. It's on top of my desk. Her name's Riley. Mind the store, guys, and please, don't break anything," Dad said as he exited the door, the chiming bells announcing his departure.

    "Sure thing, Dad.” The words barely left my lips. He was too far to hear, but in a way he did, because he nodded back.

    "Ok, like I was going to say, the best way to get a girl back is making her jealous," Ayden simply stated as he reclined back, placing his feet on top of the table and flexing his arms behind his head. 

    He yawned like this thing was normal for him. I frowned and said, "How the hell am I supposed to make Lora jealous if she's one of the most popular girls in campus?" 

    "Valid point. However, that only explains that  she wouldn't be jealous of another popular girl," he said as he narrowed his eyes. He was trying to read me out. "It will hurt her if she sees you with an ugly chick—a nobody. It will hurt her when people start commenting about the nobody Andrew dumped her for. Can you imagine the rumors? She will go nuts!" 

    "Do you want me to date Medusa? Is that what you're saying, Ayden?”

    "I’m not saying you’re going to date a girl that’ll turn you into a statue before cutting your balls off and adding them to her collection. I’m just telling you to date the non-typical girl—a really different girl."