31. Abby

Jake and I have been spending the whole day together. At first, we went to The Grill and we ate together. Then we went to the mall and I bought him whatever he wanted. All he wanted was a new video game and a snapback. If you hadn't realized by now, it's Jake's birthday. He's finally eighteen.

"I can't believe Alyssa couldn't come hang with us today. It's my birthday." He says, upset.

"I'm sure she had a good reason. She wouldn't miss it for no reason." I pull into my driveway, putting the car in park.

We both get out and head to the front door. "Well, it better be a good reason or else she's going to hear about her missing my birthday all year."

He opens the door and I smile. "Surprise!" I say along with everybody else.

I took Jake out today so that Alyssa and the guys could plan his birthday party. A lot of people are here from school, the football team, and the baseball team. There are even some people here that I don't know. I was skeptical about having another party here at my house, but my parents are here so I doubt there will be any drinking or anything.

Jake turns to me with a knowing smile."You little..." He hugs me, picking me up and spinning me around.

I laugh, "Come on. Let's go enjoy your party."

We walk inside and he's immediately met with hugs and happy birthdays from different people. Alyssa and the guys come up to us.

"Happy birthday, buddy. How does it feel to be eighteen now?" Troy asks.

"It feels great." He smiles at a girl that walks by him.

"Well, have fun. I totally thought we should have thrown it at my house, but my parents are in town." Troy says.

"It's cool. This is really great. So who should I thank for putting this together?" Jake asks.

"Well, it was Abby's idea. But Alyssa put it together and we helped with decorations." Daniel tells him.

"Well, thank you guys. I really appreciate it." Jake hugs us all, letting us know just how much he loves us.

"Well, let's dance!" Alyssa shouts, pulling Daniel by the arm.

My living room has been transformed into a dance floor. My dad is standing by the stero. Apparently, he's the dj. I have no idea who gave him that job, but so far he's playing pretty good music.

I'm suddenly being pulled in the same direction by Jordan. He got a haircut today and it looks really good on him. He finds a spot that isn't crowded, but is out of eye sight of my dad. He turns around and pulls me close.

"I missed you so much today. I've had to listen to Alyssa's demands all day." He sighs, rolling his eyes.

I laugh a little, "Aw, come on. You had fun putting up streamers."

"Not even. It would have been more fun if I had of had you there with me." He smiles.

I roll my eyes at him before wrapping my arms around his neck. We dance for a few songs until he has to go to the bathroom. I find Alyssa and Jake and steal them away from their dance partners. I plan on having at least one dance with my two best friends. We start to dance to Me and The Rhythm by Selena Gomez. I get my mom to take pictures of us because I want to remember this day. She's been going around the whole party taking pictures, showing off her photography skills.

After a few more dances with them, I notice that Jordan hasn't come back yet. I lean in towards Alyssa, who's still dancing.

"I'm about to go find Jordan." I yell over the music.