"That's because babae ka at lalaki ako. Hindi dapat inaabot ng disoras ng gabi ang mga babae sa labas."

"Eh, anong tawag mo doon sa mga kaibigan mong babaeng inaabot ng madaling araw sa labas?"

"Well, they're different. You are not like them. You are different from them."

Kumunot ang noo nito. Hindi yata nagustuhan ang sinabi niya.

"That was a compliment, okay? Mamasamain mo na naman," aniya to prevent another argument. 

"Come here," he tried to pull her into him but she refused.

"Wag mo akong daanin sa payakap-yakap, Ram. Hindi ako nakukuha sa ganyan," anito bago lumayo ng konti mula sa kanya.

"Really?" He was fighting the urge to smile. It always worked, he had proven it a lot of times already.

Umirap lang ito bago tumalikod sa kanya para kumuha ng baso. Hinayaan lang niya ito.

"So what do you want me to do, huh?" aniya, watching her pour herself a cold glass of water.  

"Tinanong mo na 'yan sa'kin kaninang umaga, 'di mo naman nagawa," anito after putting the empty glass down. Her lips were still wet and he suddenly felt tthe urge to lick them. He suddenly felt thirsty himself. But, no, not with water.

"I am sorry if I failed you, alright? As I've said, hindi lang talaga ako kumportable sa traditional na panliligaw." He occupied one empty chair and rested both his elbows on the table and rested his chin on top of his close fists.

"So, pano ba ang modernong panliligaw, ha? Pano ka ba manligaw?" She was eyeing him. She was testing him, he knew.

"Well. Basically, hindi mo na kailangang manligaw. Mararamdaman mo naman iyon, eh. If you felt that a girl likes you then be it. You approach her, have a drink or two, then you ask her if it's her place or mine, and that's it."

Ngumiwi ito. "Disgusting ka talaga!"

"Well, that's how things work these days. No more flowers and chocolates and bears and all those corny things."

She was shaking her head with disbelief.

"Sinabi ko naman sa'yo, 'di ba? I sucked at traditional courtship. I do not know how to do it. I haven't tried it."

Naningkit ang mga mata nito. "Di mo pa nata-try?" anito.

"Not even once."

"Sure ka?"

"Sure na sure. A hundred and one percent sure."

"Bakit?"