The Awkward Ex Talk

Start from the beginning

Kili brushed her cheek again, encouraging her to go on, he knew she hated sounding weak but he loved her for admitting it.

"We were having a strategy meeting to work on the protection of the borders, and since the king favoured wine there was plenty. I was drunk by the end of the meeting, and didn't bother to leave with everyone, just continued to drink my feelings away. I didn't realise the King was still there until he took the cup from me and told me he was taking me back to my room. I remember making it to the garden before our clothes came off, and we barely dressed again to make the short walk to his room an hour later, remaining there for the rest of the night. I left two months later."

There was silence for a few minutes before Kili grinned, "You lay with the king under the eyes of all the dead."

Shut up!" she laughed, smacking him across the head and the two of them remained laughing for a few minutes, the conversation gone form their minds.

She returned to her own room a couple of hours later, and had only just closed her door when Thorin appeared.

"What is it?" she asked, worried he had seen her come out of Kili's room.

"We know what the moon runes say," He told her, glancing around wearily, "We need to be at Erebor for Durin's day. We leave at sunrise. Gandalf will provide us with a distraction."

"Alright, I'll be ready," she told him and watched him leave in confusion.

He was sneaking around, which meant he didn't want the elves to know, hence Gandalf's distraction. Something had obviously happened. Shrugging, Keerla left her room and headed towards Estel's, she wanted to see him before she left and knew there would be no time tomorrow.

"You're leaving again," he said as soon as he saw her.

"I'm so sorry, little cub, but we have a race against time."

"I understand," he told her, pulling her to sit on his bed, "It's good i finished early," he dived under his bed and pulled out a large flat box. "Here, like promised, i made it myself."

Opening the box, Keerla gasped in surprise. On blue velvet sat a silver circlet of twisted silver, in the middle it was shaped like the leaves of her cuff and bracelet, dipping into a V.

"Oh Estel it's beautiful, and i only got you a dagger."

"I love my dagger," the boy huffed, "Put it on!"

Taking the circlet in her hands, she crossed to the mirror and slid the metal around her forehead. It tucked under her hair, instead of over it as it was only a half circle instead of a full one like Elrond's.

"I'll never take it off," she told him, turning and clasping his hands in hers, "Estel, i'm so very thankful."

"Naneth, you're crying," Estel murmured, watching tears streak down the Elleth's cheeks.

"I'm just very happy," she told him. "I leave at Sunrise, so how about i read to you one last time before i go?"

"Really? You would?" he asked, excited, "I wouldn't let anyone read to me when you were away."

Laughing she placed herself on the bed and held up the covers so he could crawl in and curl up next to her. Estel did as she expected, handing her the book on the history of Middle Earth and she opened it to where they had left off, at the birth of Isildur and his brother.

She read for half an hour before the boy was sound asleep. Pressing a kiss to his forehead she whispered a farewell and started back to her room. She was just crossing the gardens when an angelic voice filled her thoughts.

"Gîl síla erin lû e-govaded vín, Keerla (A star shines upon the hour of our meeting, Keerla)"

"Híril nín, (My Lady)" Keerla murmured in her thoughts, looking up to find a beautiful blonde in a white gown looking down on her from a ledge high above "Goheno nin, (Forgive me) i was not aware you were here."

"No one knows but those i wish to," came the reply in her mind, while the woman above just smiled playfully, blue eyes glistening, "You travel with the thirteen dwarfs and hobbit."

"I do."

"Your loyalty to them is outstanding, they are very lucky to be blessed by your trust and love. The young archer most of all."

Keerla blushed, ducking her head though she knew the elven lady would have already seen it, "I am most blessed to be speaking with you, but i fear there is something of a more urgent business you wanted to discuss?"

"I have seen but a glimpse of what will come to be, and i fear for you, my child. You current path, and all those which you could take all lead to one thing. Death and Pain, it will surround you and i am unable to see what will become of you."

Hesitating, Keerla sighed and straightened her back, meeting eyes with the Lady of Lothlorien. "I appreciate your warning, Lady Galadriel."

"I only wish i could say more." The beautiful Elleth smiled down at the young one and turned to properly greet the council she had been called to, "Your headpiece is most beautiful. It was made with much love. You have shaped what that boy will become, in the future when he achieves greatness, i hope for you to realise you played a large part in getting him there."

==