Chapter 30: The End

Chapter 30
The End

Richard Neil Sky

The saying, 'first love never dies' is, I think, it's true. Cade and I, the world became cruel on us, and we parted ways. At that time, we were young and never knew how to deal with things we shouldn't have to deal with. We were supposed to feel love and no complications at all. Why did the world need to be cruel on us? We should have started our lives together when we got together as boyfriends back then. Our today would have been so different than what we have right now. But all the troubles we have gone through, all the obstacles we have bypassed, I think all of that has purpose. Even though we were apart for a long time, didn't see each other for decades, had no idea where we were, had no idea what to do with our lives, everything has a purpose. It made us stronger. We couldn't see each other but we always brought each other's hearts.

Our today would have been different if we had been braver. Our today would have been different if we had met in a different place, different situation and different time. Our today would have been so different if everything wasn't against us.

But our today wouldn't have been wonderful if we hadn't gone through all the troubles. Maybe we just needed a little time to be brave. Maybe we just needed more time to think things through. Maybe we just needed to think about us instead of thinking what would others think. After all, it's our life. Maybe we just needed to die a little, to feel alive again in the future. Does that even make sense?

Love was made to rule the world. Cade came into my life like a truck being out of control and it hit me hard. I got broken, I knew that. I got broken but Cade was there to mend me. I wasn't aware, but I felt that I was being fixed. I've read something on a book; it's about a Japanese culture. When a precious thing gets broken, they put a gold something to fix the thing, and it would come out beautiful to them. Love was the worst but at the same time, love was the precious and the best thing in the world.

When Cade left me, I was really broken it felt like I would never be fixed again. But then I continued my life. I picked up the broken pieces of my heart and carried it all the way. My heart's precious, and I knew someday Cade would mend it again. I always knew that I would be fixed again. And when I got fixed again, I knew that I would never be broken again. Cade was the one. Cade is The One for me.

When Cade came back into my life, I never expected it, but I knew that he would always come back for me. I just never expected for it to happen so soon, as if decades weren't enough for me to be saved.

Noemi, mother of Noah, was the first woman I've ever loved. Not much like what I had for Cade, but the love I had for her was enough to make my heart beat even just for a while. When Genny came into my life, she made me feel accepted and loved. She did love me with all her heart. Her love was enough to keep me breathing. But Cade... Cade's love was all I needed. Cade made me feel like I could just die just by seeing his smile. Cade made meel like I could be reborn. Cade made me feel like we own the world. Cade made me feel worst, Cade made me feel reckless, Cade made me feel like an idiot, Cade made me feel light. It was all about Cade. Cade. Cade. Cade.

His name keeps running in my head. I always think that he has a beautiful name. Unique and perfect. Cade is my life supporter. I'm always being saved by him. He's my superhero, my The One, my world, my everything.

Cade is like a photograph I can always carry if I want to remember everything about him. Cade is like a video I can always play in my head if I want to remember the best and worst things about him. Cade is like an old music that makes me want to groove. Cade is like the angel that has been sent to me to make my world better. Cade is like a rainbow to me just to make me see the colors of life. Cade is like a light blue sky; it makes me want to think that everything is okay. Cade is like a rain, pouring out all his love on me just to make me bloom someday. Cade is like a sun, making me feel warm and fuzzy.