Chapter 4

*A/N

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to smol-voodoo-doll   for making my new cover and for commenting !  Thank you sooooo much ! ON WITH THE STORY !!

*Previously*

Luke clears his throat, and as soon as he opens his mouth, I swear I hear angels.

Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
The silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave, " she said to me
When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
Can you hear me?

I was still turned around, stunned at Luke.  His voice is heavenly.  It was like I was listening to God.  

When I turned around, I saw Luke staring at me, playing with his lip ring.  "Did you like it?"

I ran up the stairs onto the stage, and hugged him, "I loved it! It was amazing. You're amazing,"

His eyes widened, but he shrugged it off. "It wasn't that good. My voice cracked so many times, and besides, that wasn't even the whole song; I only have one verse done an-"

"Wait you wrote that song?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah... it's stupid, I know," Luke sighs, shaking his head and putting his hand behind his neck.

"No not stupid. You have a gift, Luke. You can not only sing, but you can write too. You don't give yourself enough credit, Luke," I say wrapping my arms around the bottom of his stomach. Why does he have to be a giraffe?

After Luke sang to me, we talked for hours about everything and nothing. It was peaceful.

I feel like I can tell Luke anything. I've only known him for a little bit, but we've been the ones who were closer.

I take off the purse that's dangling on my shoulder, and lay on the couch next to Luke. I am so close to him, that I hear his heart beat.

When I hear his angelic humming, I think of my parents.  I can't help but miss them. They gave me life after all. 

They may have done that, but they were never really family.  A family accepts you and doesn't judge everything you do.  A family always has your back.  A family is your escape from the cruel world.  But when you have none of those things, what's left to live for?

Next thing I see is Luke looking down at me, smiling, and I try to pull of a genuine-looking smile.  Oh good I think he bought it.

"What're you thinking about?" He asks me.  Should I tell him? 

"Many things," I say, deciding not to tell him.   I'm not ready yet.  "How amazing your voice is," I look up sat him. 

"I'm not that good.  I probably haven't hit puberty yet," he jokes.  

I laugh.  He doesn't understand how truly amazing he sounds. 

~

"Where were you guys?" Calum asked us, sitting on my couch with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. 

I smiled at Luke, even though he probably wasn't even paying attention to me, "I told you, Calum.  We went walking around the city. I'm new to the area and Luke offered to show me around.  I didn't get the job by the way," I say, trying my best to sound sad.

"Awe no way.   I'm sorry, Sam," Ashton says patting my shoulder. 

"It's okay.   I applied to Starbucks and I ended up getting the job.  I start tomorrow," I say.  I feel so evil.

"That's such a coincidence! We start recording Monday," Michael cheers.  Little did he know I was going to surprise all of them when they see me at the studio. 

After a long evening, I walked the boys to their apartment, mostly because it was 3:00 AM, and Michael was afraid of the dark.  I decided to scare Michael a bit.  I kept flickering my flashing to look like it was going out.

"W-what's happening?" Michael whisper-screamed.  I tried to hold in my snicker. 

Trying to act scared I said, "I don't know.  It just shut off!"

"We're going to die, we're going to die," Michael panics. 

"Shut up Michael! Don't be such a wimp and keep going.  Ashton says. 

Since it was dark, the boys could not see me clearly.  So I turned a corner quickly without being seen. 

"S-sam?  Where are you?" Luke says starting to get scared.  They stared to move closer and closer to the next turn, where I was secretly waiting for them. 

As the sound of Michael's whimpers got closer, I jumped in front of them, turning my flashlight on in the process.  All four boys screamed in horror, Michael was even crying.  When they all realized it was me, they looked pretty pissed.

"Gotcha!" I say laughing, "You should've seen your faces!" 

Michael becomes relieved but stays unamused, "Sam, what the fuck?!  I thought I was actually going to die!"

"It wasn't just you, Luke was stuttering and shaking!" I continue laughing my ass off. 

After their scare, we walk the rest of the way to their apartment.  All the boys go inside except for Luke. 

"Thank you for today, Sam," he says, giving me a hug. 

"Thank you for what?" I ask, confused, "What did I do?"

He kept me in the hug, "You listened." 

As we let go of the sweet embrace we stare into each other's eyes.  His eyes are like the ocean, and I felt like I was slowly drowning in them. 

After a couple of minutes, we hear Calum yell, "Luke, get back here! We need to rest for tomorrow!"

Luke nervously laughs and inches his way to the door. "Goodnight Sam. Good luck at your job tomorrow. I know you'll do great,"

After he said that, I felt awful for lying. "Luke?" I called.

"Yeah?" He said. I could tell him right now, but it would ruin the surprise.

"Thanks," I said, and walked to my apartment.

*A/N

I apologize for the terrible chapter I kinda suck at writing.  But I promise it will get better soon. 

Again thank you smol-voodoo-doll for the cover and for commenting and voting. 

More coming soon!

- c