Underneath The Seams

Hazel-

Percy was concerning all of us.

He was smiling, laughing, being his normal self.

But he wasn't.

Something was up with him. And when asked if he was okay, he responded with why wouldn't I be?

So many reasons, Percy.

We went back that afternoon. And Nico was talking with him.

"You have no-"

"And you would know how?" Percy snapped back. "You know nothing about me, Nico."

"Please." Nico claimed. "Anyone with common sense can see it. You're not the you you used to be. And not in a good way."

"So...?"

"Is a crime to care?" My older brother asked the older demigod. "Percy, whatever you beat yourself up about. Bianca or Luke or whoever or whatever, its not your fault. You couldn't stop it. It happened. It's over. You have to move on."

I didn't hear what was said afterwards. But at campfire a month later. It was the last campfire. Everyone going home today was packing. That includes Percy and about 3 others. College starts a week earlier than everything else.

Nobody really told us. When you go to college. You're done. You're gone.

And Percy... That means a new leader. How that works we soon found out.

"Every about 5 to 6 years a generation of demigods leaves us, and with them, their leader." Grover announced. "And the leader chooses their so called legacy to take their place for the next however long until they leave or die or go to college. How this is done is that the leaving leader and the soon to take over leader will record a song. The coming leader doesn't know that's why they do it. Due to how our leader before Percy left the video turned out a bit odd. But there's two videos here. And as of midnight tonight Camp Half-Blood shall be lead by Nico, the son of Hades."

Nico had no idea this was a thing.

Of course there's questions. And then Jason noticed his sister wasn't here. She dropped the hunt. A few months ago. She's usually at campfire.

"Where's Thalia?" Jason asked Grover afterwards.

"She didn't tell you?" Grover asked.

"Tell us what?" I questioned. We were all talking.

"This was Thalia's last summer." Grover told us. "She's been here for over 10 years. She's starting to miss the world outside of this place."

"She's 14." Piper reasonably points out. "Maybe 15."

"She's supposed to be 24." Grover quickly explained. "She's aged very slowly as a tree and you don't age in the hunt. She came here when she was 12 with Annabeth and Luke. All three of them were runaways. Annabeth was the only one that ever went home. Now it's her turn."

"And Luke?" I asked.

"He wont get a turn." Grover told us. "He died in battle a few years ago. How he left was odd. Like I told Leo and a few others, he rebelled. And he killed himself. Just don't bring it up to Thalia and Annabeth. They'll kill you and maybe themselves. Its a very sensitive and touchy subject even after two summers. After all, they were family."

And family don't end with blood.

0.0
Jason

I was talking with Percy. Before he left for good.