Chapter Two:

Ryders POV

I awoke in the middle of the night shivering. Why the hell was it so cold in this room? I groaned as I stood up to get in the cozy looking bed, but when I see the bed and who is sitting in it the memories of last night come rolling back to me....the beatings , the running ,and eventually the girl who probably saved my life....

I get into the bed covering up my battered and bruised body trying not to whimper in pain. The overwhelming warmth growing on me slowly pulls me into a deep sleep.

  At around 7 o'clock in the morning I wake up to the sound of the front door down stairs closing shut and a truck, with what seems to have pipes, roaring out of the long driveway. I turn to see the mysterious girl, which I somehow managed to let me sleep in her bedroom for the night, snuggled up to me. I have seen her around school once or twice but not too many times. She was short girl, has caramel colored hair, and she seems to always be studying or reading something. I go to move my arm but her head is preventing me from doing so, and so I gently without trying to wake her get up from the bed and I quickly put the clothes from last night on. "Thank you so much for this." I whispered in her ear and kissed her forehead before leaving out the cracked window and darting down the long driveway and scaling the high wall outlining the end of the property.

I make the long walk back to my hell hole of a house only to see my bastard of a dad passed out with a beer bottle in his hand. Although he was a very abusive man when he drinks he can be nice when he's sober, although it's a rare sight to see him sober. "Dad wake up." I say in an annoyed voice whilst I shake him to help wake him up.

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN KID! I NEVER WANTED YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT YOUR WHORE OF A MOT-"

I abruptly cut him off by punching him directly in the nose. Who was he to even mention my mother? She was a way better parent than my worthless dad. He gets up from the floor and I can see his nose is broken, but he's still swinging wildly. He hits me one good time in the gut. I position myself behind him and I put him in a sleeper hold. "JUST GO DOWN ALREADY!!" within a few moments his body went limp and he hit the floor as I released him. What am I going to do now? I grab a coat, my dad's keys to his Harley, and I was out the door going nowhere in particular.

Authors Note: Thank you for reading. If you have any thoughts, questions, or comments please comment! This part was written by iangry_gamer. The picture is of what Ryder looks like.