Huntress (1)

I crept behind a bush and tried pulling my shorts down a tad bit. That was the price of moving comfortably and quickly, you had to have less clothing on, or tighter clothing on.

I slowly peeked out and saw the four men sitting around a fire pit. They were circled around it, giving me one "easy" hit, two "maybe" hits, and one "you better" hit. I pulled out four arrows and a vial of wolfsbane. I unscrewed the vial and dipped all four tips of the arrows into the somewhat sweet smelling liquid.

"Wait did you guys hear that?" The man facing the bush, and me, said and I froze. I let myself calm down to keep my heart beat steady.

"I think you're imagining things mate." The one whose back was to me said, his voice heavy with an Australian accent.

"Yeah." The first man said and I slowly moved an arrow into my bow. I pulled back and watched it fly into the Australian's back. He howled and I was quick to reload another arrow and shoot the one facing me. Now there were two left. I watched the one on my left turn into a slick black wolf. I set loose another arrow. It flew into the wolf's head and I then turned to find the last man missing.

"Shit." I whispered and heard a low chuckle.

"Wow someone does not know how to be a girl." The last man said leaning against a tree.

I just turned my nose up and grabbed the last arrow. I was about to string it in my bow when I was knocked off my feet. I fell on my back with a loud thump and coughed.

I felt the man kneel down next to me.

"You look so helpless." He whispered and I almost laughed. He ran his hands up and down my naked arms and I squirmed and quickly got up pulling a dagger out of my belt.

With a flick of my wrist it was over. His eyes opened wide in shock and I smirked. I walked up to the handsome man and stroked his cheek as he stiffened and choked for a last breath.

"You poor thing, you look so helpless." I whispered and then kicked him down to the ground and finished him off.

There are three ways to kill a werewolf.

1. Make them drink wolfsbane.

2. Silver dagger in the heart. (This one is a pain because you have to leave the dagger there)

3. Burn them to ashes.

I dragged the four heavy bodies next to the fire pit and threw them on one by one. I choked on the smell of death and heaved.

"Oh god here take this rag." My partner, Joshua said and I blushed and blindly grabbed the rag, not daring to look at him. I wiped my mouth clean of my dinner and stuffed the cloth in my pocket before turning towards Josh.

"I go to take a leak and you start and end without me." He pouted and I laughed.

"Sorry, you took to long." I said and began to walk away, back to our small village.

"Were are you going Peyton?" Josh said running to catch up to me. When he got to me his hands snaked around my waist and I giggled and pressed my body against his.

"Come here and kiss me." He said huskily and I blushed before pecking his lips. The peck turned into a full blown out kiss and Josh began to take my small shirt off when we heard a scream.

"The village." I said and pushed Josh away who had also turned into all business.

"Let's go." He said and we both bolted to our home. My jaw dropped as we reached our village but I composed myself and set my bow straight and went to reach for an arrow but Josh caught my hand. The wooden gates that surrounded out village were burned and flickered with flames, screams were everywhere and seemed to fly like birds.

"We can't save them." He said sternly and I almost laughed.

"You are kidding right? What about your baby sister? My parents, your parents, our friends?" I said and he shook his head.

"They are already gone, it would be suicide. We need to rebuild and repopulate the human race." He said seriously and I bit my lip to hold back all my angry comments.

"So we should just run away, have sex, and make me a baby mule?" I said and Josh sighed. He reached for my arm but I jerked it back and walked slowly away from him. I wasn't some baby mama, I was a huntress. A killer of the werewolves that attacked villages like they were doing now.

"How could you say that!?" I yelled as I neared closer to our village. I knew if he was in trouble he would kill as many of the beasts destroying our village and it's people. I held in a smile as he followed me.

I turned around quickly and grabbed an arrow from the quiver on my back. I put it in my bow and pulled back. My eyes scanned through the smoke and I sought out the wolves. I found one and let go of the bow string and watched the arrow hit the wolf who cried out in pain with a loud howl.

I turned to see Josh pulling on some red head's hand as they ran away from our village and into the forest. I frowned and fought back tears as I pulled out another arrow. Fine I would save the village all by myself.

After I took about ten wolves down I entered the Shaman's home. I walked with my back to the wall, an arrow already in my bow.

"What do you want?" I heard the familiar voice of my village's leader and healer say.

"I want your hunters gone!" A loud, low voice boomed and I pressed further into the wall.

"Fine. But I would like them to stay until we rebuild the village, then have two guards that will protect only our village, the rest will be stripped of their weapons and used for other jobs in the village." I frowned at my leader's words and grabbed my bow tighter and went closer to the corner of the wall. One more turn and I would be in the conference room where the two men were bargaining.

"Oh will they? Make them leave now, call all of them off." The low voice demanded and I heard the Shaman sigh.

"It's not like they will come here. They know better." My Shaman said and I bit my lip nervously.

Crap I totally forgot about the code. The hunters of my village follow a code, which states, civilians before leaders.... and I came here to save my leader before checking on the villagers.

"Oh really is that so? Then why is there a hunter behind that corner?" The low voice said and I held my breath. What do I do? What do I do?"

"You can come out now, hunter, I smelled you the second you walked in." The low voice said and I let out my breath and walked around the corner with my bow pointed at the ground.

The Shaman sighed in disappointment. The other man however was staring at me with a confused look. He was indeed handsome like all the werewolves. Tall too. I glared at him and raised my bow to point at his chest.

"I prefer the term huntress, hunter is to manly, don't you agree?"

••••••••••

A/N

Ok so to clear up any vocab confusion, a quiver is a bag that holds arrows and you basically just sling it over your shoulder. Thanks for reading. This is counted as unedited because I only skimmed over it like once so sorry for any mistakes in spelling or grammar!

Please comment and/or vote :)