New Threat, New Friend

Suguha yelped as she woke up suddenly, sitting upright in her bed as if struck by lightning. She breathed hard and shakily, a cold sweat beading down her cheeks as she sat motionless for a time. Eventually, her hands relaxed from their death-grip on the sheets, and she swung her legs over the side of her bed, folding her hands in her lap.

What was that...?

She put her head in her hands, feeling her cold cheeks on her fingertips as she tried to process the recent events. Could that have been... that myth Recon was talking about? Ugh, but why now? And why was I there? Ugh, this is so confusing. She shook her head, too tired from the trauma to fully grasp the situation now.

Suguha sighed. "Well," she said aloud to her room, "might as well get a midnight snack. I won't be sleeping much tonight anyway." Promptly she arose, and taking a quick moment to stretch her arms above her head and change into an orange nightshirt before exiting the room. She hummed a little to herself as she walked barefoot down the hall to the kitchen, trying her best to cheer up and forget tonight's scare. But that chilling voice still nagged at the back of her mind, making her shiver involuntarily from time to time.

She stopped in front of the refrigerator and grabbed a soda, popping the lid and sipping with relish. She stood with her back against the fridge, drinking by the low glow of the counter light. But no matter how hard she tried, her mind kept wandering back to what she had witnessed. I really thought I was going to die...

"Well," she giggled softly to herself, "at least Shinichi wasn't there. He would have completely flipped a cow over the myth being rea-" Suguha dropped her soda, gasping as she suddenly realized the very real danger. Oh no! If the myth actually is real, then that monster is going to wake up and...!

She streaked back to her room, trying her best not to trip on the cold wood floor as she ran. She quickly grabbed her laptop, turned it on, waited impatiently for it to load, then looked up the latest news from ALO. She gasped again at the headline.

News Alert!

A monster has spawned in the Frigald Forest adjacent to the Damned Village, Neutral Sector 4 between the Cait Sith and Sylph territories.

This monster has the difficulty rank of a boss, but its level is unknown, estimated to be around 70 to 80.

It is currently wading through the Frigald Forest directly for the Damned Village, and many are saying the monster intends to destroy the village permanently.

In addition, there is a system error in place around the monster. It cannot be despawned.

The admins have requested that all available players of level 60 or over that are in the region be sent right away to help in defeating this monster before it arrives at the village.

These players are to meet at The Damned Pub for a brief analysis and strategy meeting.

Please help!

Current Player Count: 23

Suguha stared wide-eyed at the page, reading line after line with increasing fright. 'Wading'? It's... WADING through that forest?! She sat back in her chair, fear like a swiftly spreading ice made her chest begin to ache. Did I do this? Did I set that thing free? Oh, Kazuto, where are you...?