Alfheim Online

"Whoaaa!" Suguha exclaimed in pure wonder, wind whipping her long, golden-yellow pony tail back and forth behind her.She soared high through the skies of Alfheim, marveling at the glorious feeling of freedom above, below, and all around her.

"Hey!" Shin shouted from below, his voice dying on air that sped her on her way towards heaven. She felt so alive, so free, and so happy! Happier than she had felt in over two years. She flew higher and higher on her sparkling green wings, exhilarated by the feeling of such height.

Eventually she slowed, smoothed out her green and white garments, and looked down at the geography below. It was stunning:Rolling hills full of bright green foliage; tall, dark mountains with snow dressing their peaks; wide plains and meadows full flowers and lakes; and all around peeked the small, oddly shaped figures of monsters she could not yet identify, waiting to waylay a player.

She sighed dreamily. The landscape, the flight, it was all so beautiful and magical. Then, she got an idea. Okay, I know I can't fly much higher than I am now... but how fast can I go?

She readied her wings and back muscles, then dove forward with a burst of speed. She looked down at the ground as she raced along, far enough below her that it looked like it moved at as nails pace, but she figured she was going about two-hundred miles-per-hour, at least. Alright, now faster. She put on another burst of speed, bigger than the first, and she flinched slightly as she broke the sound barrier, the pulse shaking her a bit,but she stayed on course.

Now Sugu figured about eight-hundred, and felt just a little dizzy, but she wanted more. She needed more. Come on...faster! She tried once again to plunge forward into the great expanse, wanting more than anything at that moment to go as fast as possible. Her back muscles strained, and then, suddenly, she felt smooth. She felt like a javelin hurled through the air at lightning speed, cutting through the sky with no friction at all. She was in open-mouthed awe when she ran into a small cloud at probably around nine-hundred and fifty miles an hour, making her cough and sputter as she hurriedly closed her amazed gape.

Ugh,that was nasty, she thought with a little shudder, but she was going so fast – loving the feeling more than anything else, real world or otherwise – that she didn't care too much. She couldn't help but pull out her menu with her delicate left hand as she flew, scrolling through her info and stats for the millionth time.

Her name here was Leafa, and she was a Sylph fairy,apparently. Her powers were centered around wind magic, flight velocity (which was how she was going faster than most fairies could stand), and enhanced hearing.That last one outta come in handy sometime,she thought with a slight smirk, imagining gossip, romances, scandals and general amorous happenings. She was a true romantic, through and through. She thought, breathed, and dreamed romance, day in and day out. But sadly, I don't live it...

Leafa shook her head, clearing her mind of such melancholy things, and continued to scroll through the menu. Again, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings, so she was quite caught off guard when something collided with her shoulder, slicing it and leaving a red gash where it hit.She cringed and saw her health bar go down about a quarter as she tumbled through the air.

She righted herself quickly enough to see a scaled,winged creature streak through the sky towards her again. Acting purely on instinct, she pulled out her beginners steel short sword and swiped upward with it as the creature dove for her, squeezing her eyes shut with a little yelp of fright. It shrieked. and Leafa felt the sword collide with flesh and go through.

She opened her eyes to watch the creature fall from the sky, a wing shone clean off of it's shoulder, then it exploded into brightly colored fragments. A reward menu popped up in front of her, and she exhaled,relieved. That was... intense. And gosh, my heart!She put a light hand to her chest, feeling the familiar thump pulsing faster and harder than usual through her smooth skin.

Glancing again at her damaged health bar, Leafa decided it best to take a rest stop after such a tangle,and began a swift decent.Acting again on instinct, she glided down slowly and upright to make a graceful landing, her wings disappearing with a little tinkling sound. She let out a small sigh as she sat down on an old log facing a crystal blue lake. It shone in the bright sunlight, reflecting the opposite shore and sky with near perfection. The young girl rested her elbows on her knees, and her head in her hands, and stared half-awake at the enchantingly beautiful water.

Her eyelids closed for a moment, and she had a flash of images from her subconscious ripple through her mind. A fantastical imagination, really. She imagined herself in her room IRL, when suddenly Kazuto opened her door to tell her dinner was ready. But instead of getting up, she summoned him to her, motioning for him to sit next to her. He smiled and did so, and Suguha looked up at him with a warm smile of her own, cheeks flushed. Then, he bent down, and she up, and their lips met softly in a small but meaningful kiss.

They eventually parted,and he smiled again, hugging her to his chest and saying quietly in her ear as her eyes closed,

"Sugu... Sugu..."