Chapter 4

Niti

I continued gazing skywards, my eyes fixed on the full moon, which looked beautiful in the night sky, even as the ferry slowly started moving towards the other shore.

We were finally going home!

A slight breeze was blowing, making me shiver, and my damp clothes reminded me again what had happened just a few moments ago. My heart skipped a beat, my breathing accelerated, and I tried in vain to control both of them. He was standing on the extreme other end of the ferry, away from me, and even without looking across towards him, I could tell his gaze was on me. I didn't have the courage to look back at him, not sure of my own reaction or his. I didn't know what expression was on my own face, or what my eyes would betray, and I had embarrassed myself enough for a day without adding further to the tally. My mind had stopped working altogether and nothing made sense anymore.

I closed my eyes for a few brief seconds, sighing heavily, and a burning flash of awareness combined with delicious bouts of desire jolted through my body catching me by surprise as my mind conjured up images of our lips locked togther in passion,his hands feeling every curve of my body and his eyes filled with desire and such intensity that had left me beathless.

I opened my eyes with a start, not able to bear the image at all.

I sighed with relief when the ferry finally stopped at its destination and I would be finally away from his magnetic influence. I turned around to see Parth already getting down and I slowly followed him out of the ferry. I was just about mentally calculting my chances of getting a cab this time of the night when I saw him waiting outside, with a patient expression on his face. I refused to meet his eyes and continued to walk on my way out of there, hoping to get lucky and get a cab.

"How are you getting home?" His voice, rang loud and clear, in the quiet atmosphere effectively stopping me in my tracks.

"I will get a cab" I called out over my shoulder in a mild voice, without turning around and continued on my way towards the exit. I heard him grumble something in irritation, but I didn't bother turning around. I reached the main road and started searching for the cab.

I could hear his muffled steps behind me and I hoped a cab would magically appear out of nowehere so that I could hop onto it and make a dash from there without having to go through this torcher. But clearly luck was not on my side today and Parth reached me sooner. I could feel his agitation from beside me as he stared me down.

"What happened to the driver you usually call for?" He said in a inqusitive voice. I still refused to look at him and replied in an even tone, "He isn't coming". He had already told me that a day earlier and it was just my luck that this disaster had to happen today.

I kept frantically turning my head around from right to left hoping to see a cab, all to no avail. I heard him grunt and then spit out in a sharp voice, "Fine, I will drop you." I stiffened at his words and finally turned my face towards him, hoping desperately that I could hold onto my senses.

He was looking at me with an impatient expression, but his eyes were intense and serious, making my pulse rate go faster. He levelled his gaze with me, raising his eyebrows and silently daring me to challenge him. His lips lifted leftward in a slant, slightly smirking, as his eyes remained squarely fixed on my face.

I gritted my teeth and looked at my watch. It was 3'o clock. I looked left and right, hoping with all my might to see a cab, and then looked back at his stupid gloating face. He stared back at me calmly while a slight sarcastic smile adorned his lips.