Haven

Fen'Asha was grateful to be caught up in the business of the Inquisition.

Varric, much to Cassandra's chagrin, contacted the Champion of Kirkwall. The man's name was Hawke and he had information about the disappearance of the Grey Wardens. Varric had intended to make every effort to communicate with him and tapped into a network of information. A meeting was to be arranged between the Inquisitor and one of the Grey Wardens. The dwarf vouched for the Warden and said his name was Stroud.

Josephine was working on obtaining invitations to the Winter Palace, which would allow them to investigate an assassination attempt on Empress Celene while bolstering the all-important social status of the Inquisition. This was something the Ambassador took very seriously. It was also something Fen'Asha could not have cared less about.

And there was the perpetual threat of Corypheus and the increasing Red Templar army, plus there was red lyrium. And rifts continued to present themselves, splitting through the sky like buoyant green curtains to the Fade.

Fen'Asha knew that leading the Inquisition was an incredible responsibility and she knew that Thedas wanted her to be in a thousand places at once. If the magic existed to do so, she would've considered. As it was, certain decisions needed to be made and certain tasks needed to be prioritized.

Crestwood jumped to the top of the list. The region was north of Lake Calenhad in Western Fereldan and fell prey to a host of problems. A Fade rift was bringing the dead back to life. And there was a fucking dragon, which made Iron Bull nearly shit his shorts.

As comfortable as Skyhold was becoming for Fen'Asha, it was refreshing to see some action. She wasn't sure her luxury was a good thing, what with raging enemies and the world counting on her. And she was eager to fight alongside Solas again, to feel the rush of blood as they faced down enemies, closed rifts, wandered through forests.

She sought him out in the location he'd carved out for himself at Skyhold, noting at once that his colourful mural now stretched its way across the wall. A work in progress.

"Greetings," he said.

She nodded absently, admiring the wolves in the painting.

"I believe congratulations are in order, Inquisitor."

She waved him away. "It all sounds so strange."

"You'd best get used to it," he said.

"I'm heading out to Crestwood in the morning," she said "Will you be joining me?" Back to business.

"Of course," Solas said. "I am at your disposal. I shall prepare my things."

Fen'Asha lingered, balancing on her heels, trying to think of a subject, something to continue the interaction.

Solas looked at her.

"I'm very interested in what you're reading," she divulged, casting an eye down at his mass of books and papers. "I'd love to hear about what you're studying."

"You continue to surprise me," he said. A grin threatened its way across his face, then withdrew. "I have a few moments now, but let us find somewhere more accommodating."

It was Haven. Normal. Perfect. Quaint. It was strange... Something wasn't right.

"Why are we here?" she said.

Solas was near. "It is familiar. It is important to you."

Fen'Asha searched herself, words rising and falling like waves. Memories bubbling to the surface, then vanishing in smoke. "You said that already..."