As we made our way through the lobby, Zack was spitting out instructions. I was more nervous than I'd ever been in my life. It all felt so sudden. I barely knew how to use a gun! What was I supposed to do?!
    "No matter what stay together! And don't just go shooting around like an idiot! This isn't Call of Duty, this really counts! You can't just respawn in a few seconds!" 
     Oh man, I suck at Call of Duty too! I thought.
      Jeffrey smiled at me like he was reading my mind. We used to play all the time, and he of course would always beat me.
     Zack paused at the only door standing between us and death, "Follow me and try not to die." 
      Very reassuring.
   We headed outside and stayed close to the walls. There weren't any alive corpses in sight, but  there were plenty of dead bodies lying around, ugly and decaying. I swallowed hard and kept my cool... for now. 
    Suddenly, I tripped over a dead body. Very smooth, if I might add. Jeffrey stopped and looked down at me, "You ok?" 
      I pushed my self up and turned to the decaying body I'd tripped over. You could still see most of the Asian girl's long black hair and perfect skin that was slowly rotting. You could tell she had been attacked by zombies because one of her arms was missing and half of her head was cracked open. 
     It took me a minute to put two and two together, and Jeffrey had recognized it before me.
      "Jordan..." Jeffrey grabbed my arm and pulled me up, but my watering eyes were still on the corpse.
     "Michelle...."
  "Jordan, come on!" Jeffrey started dragging me away.
       "GAH!" A zombie appeared out of no where and grabbed Jeffrey, knocking the gun out of his hand. The villain almost looked like...
       "Patricia?" 
    "Jordan! Shoot her!" Jeffrey yelled while he punched and kicked the peeling, dead skin of one of our old friends.
     "Jeffrey! It's Patricia!" I cried.
    "No it's not! Shoot her! If you don't want to lose me too!" He yelled, getting rather annoyed with me as he struggled to get his gun.
       "I-I can't..." I pointed the gun away.
     Patricia roared and grabbed Jeffrey's neck, slamming him into a brick wall nearby.
     "Jordan...."     He was being choked!
       I knew I could lose my best friend, or even if somehow he killed the monster, he'd never forgive me for almost killing him. In fact, he probably already hated me. Maybe I should let him die so he won't get to be mad... I thought. What's wrong with you?! Your best friend is dying shoot the zombie!
       I ran over and and stuck my gun to the side of Patricia's head. My finger curled up on the trigger, unleashing the metal bullet into her skull, causing her head to explode with strange blue liquid and mushy, rotted brains. I ducked, trying to avoid it, but Jeffrey got splattered.
        "Thanks..." He mumbled and tried to wipe himself off, "How come you're always the one who gets lost and I always have to find you?" He complained, "Jordan?" He turned and saw me hovering over Patricia's corpse. 
      "Jordan..." Jeffrey came over and took my hand, "Maybe Zack was right about you! You did the right thing." 
        "It doesn't feel like it..." Tears slid down my face.
   "We need to find the group." He pulled me towards the side walk.
      I felt like a baby, crying and carrying on like a four year old whose mom just said they couldn't get a toy they wanted. I wiped my tears and kept walking as we tried to catch up with the group.

      POW!  
     "AHHHHH!" 
   I froze in the street and released Jeffrey's hand.
     "What is it?" He stopped to and searched around nervously, "We need to keep moving."
    "Did you hear that?" I tilted my head up, listening.
    "Hear what? Jordan, we don't have time for this! Come on!" He reached for my hand again, but I pulled it away before he could grab it. 
     "It sounded like..." I  listened again.
   "Help me! Help! Somebody help!" The boy's cries echoed in my ears and through my mind. 
          I'd know that voice anywhere.
     "Ross!" I darted through the streets like a madman towards the direction of the cry.
      "JORDAN!" Jeffrey ran after me, "You idiot, you're gonna get us all killed!" He spoke to himself.
     I ran and the cries were getting louder. There was a tall metal fence with wooden boards against them. I jumped onto a large green dumpster and climbed the fence, leaping over to the other side.
     Jeffrey ran to the fence and stopped, calling after me, "Jordan! Get back here!"
     I ran through the ally and made a sharp turn to the right, leading to a dead end. Against a tall building wall, Ross was at the end being cornered against the wall by a group of 3 zombies. 
    POW! I shot one in the back of the head and he fell over and twitched a little. The other two turned towards me and groaned, squinting their dull blue eyes at me. One didn't have a nose and was really creeping me out. He just had to little nostril holes where his nose should be. 
     "I'll shoot you first, Voldemort!" My hands were sweating as I aimed carefully and puled the trigger. 
    CLICK! 
   "Click?" I hit the gun once and pulled the trigger again.
    CLICK! 
    Frustrated, I kept trying to shoot, but nothing was coming out.
   CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! 
    The zombies exchanged glances and sly grins and started heading towards me.
     "Uh..." In a panic I threw my gun at the other one that actually had a nose. It hit the left side of his face, scraping off the tender dead skin and causing blood to gush out onto the ground. He paused and moaned once, putting his crummy fingers to his face and smelling the blood that wasn't human. 
       He growled, clenching his eyebrows in a rage. He ran towards me with great speed. He launched his arms in front of him as he ran towards me angrily. 
      "Ah!" I put my hands in front of my face, waiting to be attacked and devoured.
     POW! I peeked through my arms and the zombie lay lifeless on the ground.
     I turned and saw Jeffrey standing there with his gun, "I told you not to run away and get killed, but look what you do!" Jeffrey complained.
          I ignored him and turned towards Voldy.  He was making his way back to Ross. 
     "Ross!" I cried.
       Jeffrey aimed his gun towards the zombie, but I hit the gun's aim down, "No! If you shoot that zombie the bullet will go right through it and into Ross!" 
    Jeffrey shrugged, "That's a chance I'm willing to take!" He aimed the gun again. 
     "Ugh!" I ran towards Ross and the zombie.
    "Ross!" I called out.
        "Jordan! Help!" He cried as the zombie inched closer. 
    "You know my name..." I smiled softly, temporarily fangirling.
       Ross punched the zombie in the face, squirting some zombie liquid on his face, and I came and grabbed the creature's legs and pulled him face forward to the cement, leaving a puddle of goo in his face. I took Ross's hand and we ran behind Jeffrey. The Voldemort wanna-be pushed himself off the ground and turned to hiss at us, but Jeffrey shot him right in the eye. His eyeball exploded and the zombie growled again. Jeffrey shot his forehead and at once the zombie's head splattered and he was dead.
      "You saved me!" Ross hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him. I had wanted this hug for so long, just not like this. But it was still a good hug. 
     "Actually, I saved both of you!" Jeffrey corrected. 
   I pulled away from Ross and gave Jeffrey a pat on the back, "Good job, Jeffrey!" 
      Ross smiled at me and we walked side by side towards the street.
     Jeffrey did a barf sign behind our backs, "What I don't get a hug?" He rolled his eyes and laughed at himself, "All I did was just save you guys' lives, no big deal!" 

         "There they are!" Ross pointed at Zack, Lynn, and Riker. We saw them making there way back towards the hotel. We darted across the street.
   "Where were you guys?!" Lynn was the first to spot us.
      "Yeah, you could have gotten hurt!" Riker directed towards his younger brother.
    "Don't worry, I kept these two love birds safe!" Jeffrey said.
    Ross and I turned away from each other and blushed.
   "Did you find anyone?" I asked Zack. There weren't any more people with us, but I just wanted to change the subject.
     "No." He replied glumly, "It seems this plague has done more damage than I thought." He shook his head and kept walking, "I did get some more medical supplies and we found some more food." He pointed to the sack on his back. 
       "Let's go home." We headed towards the hotel once more. 
    "Home..." I repeated.
         What a funny word.