Gateway Drugs

Gateway Drugs; Who's idea was this?

---

Soul looked around. It was pitch black in the alley, and the darkness almost made his white hair look as though it was glowing. He clutching the money in his nervous hand and feverantly looked down both ends of the alley. Where is she? She was suppose to be here half an hour ago. What if she-

Clicking echoed of the walls. It was a pair of high heeled boots. Black and purple that had corset backs. He knew the shoes by heart. A girl paused a few feet away from him.

"Nice night, ain't it?" Her rough voice croaked. He looked up at the laughing moon. Blood dripped from its mouth.

"Yeah, I suppose so." He shrugged and looked back to her. She held out the only thing keeping him going. He forked over the 200 bucks he made from his job, that his partner didn't know about. He grabbed the paper bag and looked inside. He counted 2 bags of cocaine, a 5 gram piece of tar, 3 bags of weed and she even threw in a new bowl.

"I really stuck my neck out for you. I can't do orders this big anymore! Or...you'll have to pay me more. Or maybe, you can do me a favor." The girl stepped forward and placed a hand on his cheek. He slapped it away.

"Not interested. I'm taken anyways." Soul spat. His mind flashed to those green eyes and blond hair. He clutched the bag and turned away.

"I wonder if she knows you're meeting up with some girl in a dark alley to do a drug deal." His dealer spat. He threw her a look over his broad shoulder.

"Just shut your trap, Janessa. You don't know anything!" His voice was dripping with venom. Her eyes flashed and her hand turned into a dagger and she pressed it against the back of his neck.

"I know a lot more than you think I do." She hissed. For the first time, Soul saw years in her eyes. He almost pitied her. He stepped away from her dagger and pulled out the bowl and weed. He packed it, then used his lighter to light up. He took in the sweet earthy taste, with a sharp undertone, and blew out rings. He passed it to her. She looked at him in shock.

"Take it. As an apology." He offered it again. She took it eagerly and took a long hit. He took it back and allowed himself a heavy hit. It was starting to hit him, but only in the slightest way. The area was getting fuzzy.

"Thanks. I haven't actually had any for awhile. Just wheeled and dealed it." Jenessa admitted. She ran a hand through her cropped raven hair. Soul smoked the rest of the bowl and said goodbye to his dealer.

Soul stumbled through the streets, everything was dancing. He laughed at the dizziness taking over. It was two when he basically crawled back into the apartment. He opened the door and pitched forward through the opening.

"Honey! I'm home!" Soul slurred. He rolled onto his back and laughed. Maka threw open her door.

"Soul! I've been so worried! I heard you leave and...what..what's that smell?" Maka gave a big sniff. The stench of weed hung like a wet coat on Soul. He laughed again.

"It's nothing! It's all good." He rolled side to side. The table was going both left and right. He tried to catch it before it "fell" and accidentally brought it down on himself.

"Soull!! What's wrong?" She knelt next to him and rolled the table off of him. She looked at his red eyes. They were blood shot and dilated. She put a hand over her mouth. He was 120% trashed. She slammed her fist down on the back of his head. "YOU GOT HIGH?!" She screamed.

"Not so loud! You'll wake the neighbors." Soul sat up and started acting seriously. He was still clutching the bag. She pried it out of his sweaty hand. She opened it and saw all the drugs. Anger swelled in her. She dumped everything down the garbage disposal except the glass bowl. She grabbed his white hair and dragged him to the sink. She ran the water and reached over to start the blades. With a single flick, 200 bucks were gone. She took the bowl, emptied the ash down the drain, and then wrapped it in a wash cloth and smashed it. To finish it off she spun on her heel and slapped him.