Christmas Decorations (Fluff)

Start from the beginning

Once you had gotten your wet coat off and you had dried off, you sat down to a hot beverage. The kids were all playing out in the garden but soon they would have to come in, and that's when the real trouble would begin.

---

You had all started to put the decorations up, your Grandmother happily bossing both you and Seb around as she stormed through the house tidying and decorating simultaneously.
You were wrapping tinsel around a doorframe when all 5 of your younger cousins stormed into the house in their thick jackets and snow-covered wellies.

Before long they had taken off their outdoor gear and were running riot around the house, wrapping themselves in tinsel, throwing baubles at each other and singing Christmas songs at the top of their lungs. After 30minutes of their antics you began to feel like tearing your hair out. Anything you would finish decorating, they would pull apart 10 minutes later and you were quickly finding that they were getting on your last nerve. Bassie noticed you getting stressed out and tried to calm you with a 'it's okay, babe' or a kiss whenever he passed by, which helped a little but not much.

You were up a ladder hanging mistletoe above the doorframe when one of the boys ran into the room, knocking the ladders on his way past. You scream but manage to balance yourself.

Sebastian comes dashing in to check you're okay, but is greeted by your 9 year old cousin, Alice. He stops abruptly so he doesn't bump in to her, and he manages to peek into the room to see you're okay.
Knowing you were safe, he averts his attention to the small girl in front of him.
"Hey, Alice. What are you doing?" He asks.
She simply looks up and points to the mistletoe that hung above them - the mistletoe you had previously placed there.
"You have to kiss me, it's the rules." She states.
Seb doesn't quite know what to do, so he kneels down in front of her.
"But my girlfriend won't be very happy if I go around kissing other girls now, would she?" He smiles.
You watch the pair and can't help but smile at his way with your young cousins, they all seemed to love him. You watch as Alice quickly kisses Seb on the cheek, cutting him off from whatever he was saying, and runs away giggling.

He looks shell shocked and stands up. He looks over at you, still quite dazed, and begins to chuckle when he sees you laughing at him.
"I think my cousins like you a little too much." You joke to him.

---

Roughly 2 hours later, you're just about to put the last bauble on the tree when you stop short. Realisation had just hit you that for the last 20 minutes you had not seen nor heard from any of your cousins. As this is very suspicious, you decide to go and look for them.

You wander around the large house, eventually coming to one of their bedrooms. You can hear talking and as you grow closer you realise it's Sebastian's voice. Reaching the doorway, you are greeted by one of the most adorable scenes you had ever witnessed.
Your boyfriend sat on a tiny yellow stool designed for 5 year olds with a book on his lap. 3 of your cousins were sitting crossed-legged on the floor in front of him, listening with anticipation. The other 2 cousins sat on the bed, equally as intrigued.
You couldn't blame them, as you yourself had also become intrigued by the way he read. He changed voices and accents for different characters, and the way he accentuated his voice for certain parts left you enthralled in the story(even if it was for children!).

He noticed you and smiled a genuinely happy smile, to which you couldn't help but return. You listened patiently as he finished the story. As it finished, Sebastian began to get up to leave when the children gripped onto his clothing.
"One more! One more!" They all chimed.
"You said that 3 stories ago." He chuckled.
Luckily, Grandmother shouted up to the children to announce it was time to eat lunch so this gave Seb an escape from reading.

As the children all raced downstairs, you stayed stood in the doorway.
"You're really good with them, they really like you."
"You think so?" Seb blushes. "I was just trying to keep them out from under your feet."
You feel the familiar warming of your heart that occurs whenever Sebastian does something thoughtful.
"Thank you." You state, leaning in to kiss him.
However, he stops you.
"Wait, I want to do it properly!" He grins, grabbing your hand and dragging you downstairs.

He eventually stops you in the doorway of the living room.
"Seb, what are y-"
He cuts you off by simply pointing to the sky. Following the direction of his finger, you spot the small bundle of mistletoe hanging down above you.
You laugh at the cheesy grin on his face and pull him down into a much needed kiss.
Your hands still rest on his cheeks from where you pulled him into you, whilst his move to your waist.

"Eeeeeewwwww!"
You hear a small voice from behind you and turn to see the youngest of your cousins, 5 year old Sam.
When he's caught your attention he quickly runs away and you turn back to Bassie.
"Way to ruin the moment, Sam." You laugh, and Bassie pulls you into his chest, chuckling along with you.