Prologue

Stone was watching over camp, inspecting everything. Winter had finally ended, but snow still stuck to the ground. The frost made his bones and muscles feel soar, and he could only imagine how the oldest cat, Mint, felt like.

Just as he thought of the old she-cat, Mint limped out of her make shift den, glancing around until she spotted Stone. "Hey there youngin, you ought to be sleeping at this time of night." She rasped, limping over. "The same to you. You shouldn't be out here in such cold weathers, we have to travel in the morning." He spoke with a serious yet soft tone. Mint only signed and shook her head. "I won't go with you." She rasped, her voice full of tiredness.

Stone blinked in shock. "But what about Salmon? She is your kit, and Salmon has been so determined to finish this journey." Stone couldn't help but ask about the sweet she-cat. If Maple hadn't of become his mate he would of surely picked Salmon. But Salmon was joining in Sage's clan, becoming her medicine cat. Sunny was joining in his. But again Mint shook her head. "I've already spoke to her, she understands I can't go further then this." Mint half growled, her tail flicked quickly. "But you do me a favor boy." Mint looked as serious as she could, staring into Stone's brown eyes. "You take this group and get them to their homes. You go to your valley and make your clan. You follow your father's words, no matter how strange they were." Mint said, before coughing.

"My bones have grown to thin to keep going with you. But no matter what, I'll always see you as my little kit. Thank you, Stone." Stone rested his head on Mint for a moment before getting up. "Let me take you to that up-walker house at least, you can live there, the rest of your life comfy and in peace." Mint didn't go against his words, so the two padded out of camp.

---

By the time they had gotten to the house, dawn had set. Stone wished his farewells before slinking back into the forest.