"So, where's Andi?" Sam asked, tearing me from my thoughts. "You'd think she'd be here. She doesn't seem like the kind of person to skip out on a party organised by Stark, right?"

"I don't know." I frowned. "She'd said she'd be here."

My eyes flicked to the door. And I straightened. A bomb shell with flaming hair had just walked in.

She wore a white dress held in place over one shoulder. A silver belt ran around her waist, accentuating her slim yet well-toned figure. It was a perfect fit, halting just above her knees. The beautiful dress was coupled with equally dazzling shoes; a sparkling silver. I'd just noticed that her hair had grown longer again, stopping at her elbow. The blazing strands were brushed to the vacant shoulder and pinned there.

My eyes were glued to her. She looked absolutely beautiful. I mean, she looked beautiful already without the extravagance. But she looked especially gorgeous tonight.

"Careful. Don't start drooling," Sam remarked.

"What?" I stared at him blankly.

He chuckled. "I see the way you look at her, man."

I turned back to her. She was gone, lost within the crowds of people.

Sam sipped his drink before shrugging. "I'd go for it if I were you. Before she gets away."

I left Sam to his own devices to meet up with Thor. He said that he had something he wanted me to try.

I crossed my arms in curiosity as I watched him pull a small flask from the inside pocket of his jacket. He grabbed my drink and began pouring a little in.

"I gotta have some of that!" an old man next to us demanded.

"Oh, no, no, no," Thor said. "See this...this was aged for a thousand years in the barrels built from the wreck of Brunhilde's fleet." He handed me my drink. "It's not meant for mortal men."

I sniffed it. I frowned at the aroma. Boy, it smelled strong. I could tell only by the drink's scent that it was not meant for mortal men.

"Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie," another old man on the couch said. "Stop trying to scare us." He waved his hand. "C'mon."

Thor shared a glance with me. I shrugged. Thor did as well. "All right."

The Asgardian took the old guy's cup and poured some of the liquor into his drink. We all banged glasses and chugged. The buzz was very strong. I couldn't get drunk. My metabolism wouldn't allow it. But I felt drunk with that single swig. And then it was gone just as fast as it came.

Hours later, the buzz had finally struck the old guys harder than they expected. The Omaha Beach Guy had to be helped out of the party by two other guys after it began to draw to a close.

I sat alone with my thoughts after Thor wandered off with his own agenda. My eyes travelled through the crowds, looking for a particular flaming redhead. I couldn't see her. I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

My eyes landed on Natasha and Banner at the bar. It seemed like the gossip train had given up on trying to get Andi and I together and arrived at their station.

I peeled myself from the couch and made my way over to the bar. I leaned against it as Natasha made her exit, leaving Banner alone.

"It's nice," I added.

"What? W-What is?" Bruce stuttered, a very mild paranoid look in his eyes.

"You and Romanoff."

"No, we haven't, that wasn't—"