I frowned in worry as I leaned forward. "Steve, you were in pretty bad shape. Bucky knocked you around pretty good. He pulled you out of the river before I found you."

"Where is he?"

"I don't know. He disappeared after I found you."

"Then we gotta find him." He tried to get out of bed with an agonised expression.

"No, no, no." I pushed him back down. "You're not going anywhere. You need to rest."

"I've been resting for the past six days."

"And you're going to rest for a few more if need be."

He sighed in exasperation as he gave in. "So. What have I missed?"

I leaned back into my chair. "The remnants of S.H.I.E.L.D. is unstable at the moment. With everything being uploaded to the Internet, there's a lot we have to answer for. Nat's dealing with that. She's at a court hearing at Capitol Hill with the high ranking Senators, so it's all up in the air right now."

"If everything's on the Internet, does that mean Project Hourglass is out?"

"Everything that project gathered about me is out for all to read."

He raised an eyebrow. "You don't seem too worried about that."

"I'm not. The world has seen an egotistical ass in a metal suit, an Asgardian wielding a hammer, agents with bows and guns running the streets, a big green monster." I smiled. "And a war hero from World War II who hasn't aged a day." I shrugged. "They won't be surprised to find a Trojan with magical time powers running with the crowd."

Steve smiled warmly. "You never cease to amaze me."

I raised my chin. "Mission accomplished."

I patted his shoulder affectionately. "Rest up, Steve. We're meeting Nick tomorrow."

Before I left the room, he grasped my wrist. "I kept my promise. I came back."

I inclined my head, coupled with a smile. "I know."