Chapter 1 - Luke?

"I'm so excited!" my mom said excitedly from the front seat, "You're going to love it here, Savannah."

I turned my head to side and rolled my eyes. I most definitely was not excited. There was nothing exciting about starting a new life in a new home with a new dad. My mom thought I was going to be thrilled about her marriage to a man I barely knew and moving in with him. She thought wrong. Granted I did not have many friends back home but I was comfortable there. 

My mom pulled into the driveway of a big, beautiful house. It had beige colored bricks with white detailing. The lawn was freshly mowed. This all sucked but at least the house didn't. 

I stepped out of the car and immediately put my shoulder length hair up and throwing on my sunglasses. I knew that lifting all these boxes was going to make me sweat so I wanted to be prepared. I went around to the trunk and stacked two boxes on top of one another and made my way to the front door. My mom's fiance, Kirk, opened the door with a smile and let me inside. 

"There are two open bedrooms upstairs. Pick the one you like the best. If Luke has already made his pick, I will gladly make him switch for you," Kirk smiled and turned towards the door so he could help us unload our car. Luke? Who the hell is Luke? Not once did my mother mention this "Luke". 

"Wait!" I called after him, "Who's Luke?"

"My son, of course," he replied with a laugh.

"My mother never mentioned you having a son."

"It must of slipped her mind. Go upstairs and meet him." 

You have got to be kidding me. I have been an only child all my life and now I have to get accustomed to living with another teenager. No, it's not for the reason that I want to be spoiled or anything like that. It's just that I'm not used to having to interact with anyone at home besides my mother. I'll just have to get used to it, because there's nothing I can do to change it. 

I walk my way over to the dark hardwood stairs and make my way up. The upstairs was just as beautiful as the rest of the house. I looked over and saw two rooms next to each other with open doors. These must be the rooms that Kirk was talking about. I decide to go the one on the left first and pop my head in. I gasped. I stared wide eyed at the gorgeous boy standing in front of me with his back turned. He had blonde hair, blue eyes and was dressed in black jeans and a red and black flannel. He turned slightly and I could see that his flannel was buttoned very low. Oh god, Savannah, get yourself together. 

"Excuse me," I said. No reply.

"Hello!" I screamed a little louder. Still no reply.

Is this boy deaf or something? I trudged my way over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped a bit, surprised by my presence. He pulled out one of his earbuds. That's probably why he couldn't hear me. 

"Ah, you must be Savannah. I wasn't expecting you to be this hot," he smirked and looked me up and down.

"And you must be the Luke that nobody told me about," I replied, disregarding his comment.

"I'm a bit shocked that nobody told you about me and how great I am," he gasped and held his hand to his heart. I could already sense the arrogance in him. 

"It would be great if you got out of this room. I want it." 

"No can do, sweet cheeks. I want it." 

"Well, your dad said that he would make you switch if you chose the room I wanted," I stated.

"What a fucker. Fine, I'll switch with you." He walked towards the door but he turned his head towards me. 

"It doesn't really matter. I'll be spending most of my time in here anyway to look at that cute little ass of yours."