Chapter 25

Practice started and Brad smirked at me the whole duration.

After practice I brought Brad to my office.

"Why the hell are you staring at me?" I said creeped out.

"Because I have the best news on earth. I have proof that Erin is cheating on Patrice!" Brad said as a grin lit up on his face.

"Like I said I don't care!" I said focusing on my computer.

"But you will once you see Patrice without Erin" Brad said.

"Nope" I mouthed.

"Anyways can I at least know how you found out?" I asked slightly smiling.

"See you actually do care!" Brad said laughing

"I don't care I'm just curious. There's a difference there" I said giggling.

"Okay fine yeah sure. So basically I was able to get some security footage of Erin speaking on the phone with some guy. It couldn't be Patrice because he was at my house at the same time. And in the conversation she said some things that wouldn't be appropriate to repeat but yeah you get the point" Brad said laughing.

"Go for it" I said chuckling.

After I finished up some office work a walked out in a rush since I had to return home and cook dinner.

I ran out of my office room with a bunch of papers in my hands and collided with Patrice, who was too, running out.

"Oh shit" I said looking at the papers, scattered all over the hallway.

Patrice started apologizing and started picking up the papers.

"Why are you in such a rush?" I said laughing.

"Well I wanted to go to this restaurant before they closed but looks like I'll miss it" Patrice said faking a frown.

"Oh jeez, I'm sorry to hear that such a dramatic event just occurred in your life but if you want you can stop by my place for dinner. I'm cooking tonight?" I said as Patrice looked up and grinned.

"Oh my god no way. I love your cooking and miss it so much, please yes" he said as I laughed.

"Oh wait, before we confirm, is Erin okay with it" I said making Patrice laugh.

"Idk I think it would be okay, but Erin has been acting really shady lately and I'm concerned" Patrice said sadly

"Of course" I said in my mind but felt bad  for Patrice.

He's such a sweet guy and I doesn't deserve a girl like her.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that, but you can't say that she's cheating on you unless you have proof" I said, feeling empathy for Patrice.

"Anyways, dinner will be ready at 7:00 so you can be at my place around 6:45?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. And thank you by the way" Patrice said with a heart-warming smile.

I gave him a smile back and walked to my car.

Once I got home I started cooking and talked with Marilyn.

"Okay so I'm gonna go to my friends house? What are you up to with those 2 plates set on the table?" Marilyn said wiggling her eyebrows.

I threw a carrot at her making her burst out laughing.

"Well Patrice is coming over" I said smiling.

Marilyn instantly gave me a bitch what look.

"Claire, are you fucking serious? Can you just get over this guy?" Marilyn said throwing that carrot back at me

I dodge the carrot making it hit the wall.

"Okay first of all, I am over him. Second of all, we are having dinner as friends. I invited him over because he didn't have any source of food for dinner" I said making Marilyn laugh.

"You only say that, but I won't be surprised if I see Patrice sleeping in your bed tonight" Marilyn said making me open my eyes widely.

I ended up throwing more carrots at her.

"Just fucking stop" I said laughing.

"No me and Patrice won't hook up" I said causing her to laugh.

"Sike" she said under her breath.

"So would it be okay if I come here around 8:30 pm, even if Patrice is still here" she said smirking.

"No it won't" I said making her start wiggling her eyes brows once again.

"You want to hook up with Patrice tonight. I know that for a fact" Marilyn said yelling it out.

"No I don't. I'm over Patrice" I said seriously. "I just want some privacy incase we talk" I said making Marilyn roll her eyes.

"Okay yeah sure but I'm leaving byeee" Marilyn said smiling as I kicked her butt on the way out.

I closed the door shut and immediately heard the door bell rang.

I looked through the peep hole, seeing that Patrice was standing there.

I opened the door.

"Hi" he said grinning from ear to ear.

I said hi back to him.

"Patrice you do know that your 45 minutes early?" I said chuckling.

"Yeah but I wanted to help you cook, possibly learn a few new tricks" Patrice said smiling.

"Okay fine" I said welcoming him in.

I let Patrice get the chicken ready while I made some teriyaki sauce. I started making some white rice.

While the food was cooking, I gave Patrice a house tour.

"I like you room" Patrice said looking at my view of Td Garden and the bridge.

Patrice began receiving texts and looked at them.

"Oh shit" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's Brad. He said that he needs to talk to me asap" Patrice said.

"Um listen Claire, I'm gonna really quickly go see Brad and I'll come back soon" Patrice said, running out the door.

I lightly sighed and finished cooking the dinner.

When it was finished, I placed aluminum foil over it so it would remain hot and put it aside.

In the meantime I watched T-V to pass by time.

4 hours have passed and still no sign of Patrice.

I tried staying up but ended up going to sleep.

"He probably just ditched me. Of course he would" I thought, laying in my bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep not trying to think of the event that just happened.