Chapter 7

The whole night me and Patrice talked. I knew I was in love with him.

"So I know that Christmas break is coming up soon I wanted to know if you would want to go to Buffalo?" Patrice asked me.

"What?!!! Of course I would want to visit my hometown!" I said excitingly.

I chill instantly ran down my spine when I realized that my dad won't be joining me this Christmas. At tear started forming in eye.

Patrice quickly noticed.

"What's wrong babe?" Patrice asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"It won't feel right... Without my dad. My sister probably won't be able to come because is in the Army and my mom" I sighed. "me and my mom haven't talked to each other since I was 10." I said.

By now my eyes were trying to fight back tears.

Patrice gave me a sympathetic look.

"I want to take you because I now that you haven't been there in 2 years. You need to visit your dads grave." Patrice said.

I stared at the floor as I nodded my head.

*after dinner*

Patrice drove me back to my apartment.

"See you tomorrow at our game Pat" I said giving him a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Are you sure that you don't want me to stay the night?" Patrice asked with a light smile on his face.

"I'm good for now. Maybe another time" I said

"Oh and hey! Have you though about being my girlfriend yet?" Patrice asked with a cheeky grin.

"Well I have thought about it and yes I would be delighted" I said.

Patrice started performing a happy dance as I giggled.

"Okay Mr. You should go now" I said laughing.

Patrice blew me a kiss and waved.

the next day

I woke up to the Alarm clock ringing.

I jumped out of bed and started getting ready for my morning skate at TD Garden.

I ate a egg sandwich and got into clothes.

When I got to the Garden I walked in and got right into the locker room.

"Pretty early huh" Marchy said.

"Yeah I came extra early to thank you about being my personal slave yesterday night at dinner" I said winking.

Brad rolled his eyes.

"If you tell anyone about what I did yesterday night I will hate you" Brad said as I bursted out laughing.

"Eh works for me either way" I said as Marchy formed a first.

I started putting on my gear and skates. Patrice walked in.

"Morning baby" Patrice said placing a kiss on my cheek.

Brad groaned.

"Get a room you disgusting pieces of shit" Brad said.

I showed Brad the middle finger as Patrice laughed.

More boys started coming in so me and Patrice laid off of each other.

I went out onto the ice since I was ready and decided to warm up.

Patrice finally walked out with the rest of the boys.

Lastly Zdeno came and we started our practice.

*after Practice*

"Claire I just wanted to say that you had a great practice and we figured out your lineup." Claude said bringing me into his office and searching for the papers.
I thanked him.

"Ok so pretty much your line is going to be with Patrice and Marchy. You three all have a great connection on and off the ice" Claude said.

I chuckled.

"Yeah that's right! Me and Marchy are besties ya know" I said making Claude laugh.

I began heading out as I saw the opposing team make their way into the garden.

It was the Dallas Stars.

I saw Tyler and Jamie make their way.

"Hey Tyler and Jamie!" I said as they caught my attention.

"Oh my god Claire! I haven't seen you forever!" Tyler said giving me a hug.

Jamie excused himself as he really needed to go to the locker room.

Me and Tyler were there alone standing.

"I was just about to ask you If you wanted to go out for lunch with me?" Tyler said moving in closer to me.

"I'm sorry I have plans with Patrice" I said moving back.

"I'm pretty sure Patrice wouldn't mind us hanging out with each other." Tyler whispered into my ear.

He stated touching my hips and I pushed him off.

Me and Tyler used be together but then we split up because I found out he was cheating on me.

"I'm dating Patrice ya know? And I don't want you too ruin that." I said walking out in frustration.

"Well I'll see you on the ice baby" Tyler said winking at me.

"Yeah and I'll make sure to kick your fucking ass" I said storming out to my car.

I groaned in frustration and drove to Patrice's place to hang out before the game started.