7 am

Luke Pov.

That's when I got the call. 7:03 am. At first I was quite confused as to who could be calling me in this godforsaken hour of the day . I answered it groggily and immediately shot up when I heard the voice of Ashton.

"Hello Lucas. " he chuckles "I called to tell you the good news. You got the job"

I was so happy. "Thank you so much Mr.Irwin"

"I'll see you tomorrow Lucas." He said smiling "you start at 3pm. I'm glad to have you on the team" he hung up. I was so excited I almost forgot it was Monday. I HAVE SCHOOL! I jumped out of bed and threw on a pvris muscle tee and black skinny jeans. I brushed my teeth quickly and grabbed my back pack before zooming out the door. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned back around to see a smirking CALUM holding my keys and my breakfast. Bless him.
"Bye cal I love you!" I wave and hop into my car driving to he- I mean school. I parked in my usual spot and and rushed inside already late for first period. I tried sneaking into the back when my teacher , Mrs. Simmons, noticed me.

"Lucas Hemmings late again I see?" She says her Voice nasally.
I ignore her and take a seat and she rolls her eyes . I sigh knowing I definitely would be losing some grade points for this. And I will be failing. I was startled out of my thoughts when my best friend Jay tapped my shoulder and slid me the notes. I smile at her "thank you"

She nods and goes back to doing her work. And by doing her work I mean texting her boyfriend about who knows what. She was on the other hand a straight A student and I swear she's a witch cause I never see her doing her work.

After first period ended I ran into her and Evan in the hallway . "Sup Hemmings." He smirked and Held Jays hand. I have no idea how I became best friends with the captain of the football team and the captain of the cheerleading squad. But it happened. And I hate (love) them.

A cheeky smile grew on my face and Evans eyes widened "who did you kill oh my god."

"I didn't kill anyone a**hat. I got a job" I cross my arms

He laughs "no seriously. Why are you smiling like that"

"I mean it!! I got a job at the benuvette Coffeeshop . I'm going to performing after school and from 9-5 on the weekends" I smile.

"Awww our baby boy is growing up. Polaroid moment" Jay fake tears up.

I roll my eyes. "Haha very funny. See you guys at lunch" I wave and make my way to second period where I see a very familiar shade of red sitting near my seat. He goes to this school? I sat down and smiled "Hey. Remember me?" He doesn't respond not even bothering to look my way. That kinda hurts. I tap him on the shoulder and inhale sharply when he looks up at me with piercing green eyes. God they are the type you want to write songs about. He looked at me quite startled and smiled . His. Smile. I smile back "I don't think I properly introduced myself. I'm Luke. Luke Hemmings."

He smiles and starts to write something down. I tilt my head absolutely confused as he slides me a note 'I'm Michael.' It reads.

"Why can't you just say that?" I chuckle. He frowns at me and goes back to his drawing. Did I say something wrong? I went to talk to him again when the teacher stopped me and told me to pay attention. I nod and try my best but the photosynthesis process isn't my idea of interesting. My eyes wander to Michael again and I look at his paper. Instead of doing work all I see is him drawing a picture of an eye. But it's really good. Like damn. I tap him again and he looks up at me a bit of annoyance in his eyes. I notice it and frown why was he acting this way?

"Michael are you mad ? Is it what I said. I like your drawing. Cmon just talk to me"
I sigh. I don't know why I was talking to this could. Could be his hair. Or his knee socks. Or his smile that can light up my life.

He slides me another note . 'I'm mute'

Michaels drawing above ^