.... And The Dark Beginnings Of Something Else

He woke up slowly and painfully under the other man’s watchful gaze. In the harsh, blue light, his blonde brows furrowed as he lay on the metal table.

His was a kind face, the man thought idly. It would be a useful tool for all of them to take advantage of.

Slowly, the man’s chocolate brown eyes opened and scanned the room.

The Man knew what he would see. Cold metal walls, harsh blue lights in the ceiling and no furniture other than the cold metal slat that he lay on.

“Hello, Luke,” the man said. His voice was slow and thick; reminiscent of his hometown. Over the years in various cities, he’d made an effort to keep his accent. It helped people to trust him.

Running short on trust, Luke jolted upright in panic, and struggled not to cry out in pain. He was naked but for a pair of linen pants and the bandage over his chest; a bandage that was now seeping blood.

Luke looked down, grimaced, and pressed his back against the wall, his legs weakly spread out in front of him on the table.

“Who are you?” Luke tried to growl his words, but just sounded scared and in pain. “What do you want?”

The man smiled, slow and friendly.

“My name is Jack Kendall. And we have a lot to talk about.”