Chapter 1: Kidnapped

7 YEAR OLD MAX^^

I skipped over the broken piece of sidewalk that had been broken since i was born. I was alone, my brown pigtails bouncing as i skipped home. I stopped when I saw my best friend, Aiden Klondike running towards me.

"Hey, Max. You walking home?" His blonde hair fell above his eyes. Everyone said that his eyes were so green that they could be grass. They should realize that im 7 and dont know what that means.

"Yeah, Want to come over? Mommy is making meatloaf." Aiden and I have been best friends since i was bullied in Preschool by the girl who was a year older than me. He saved me from a punch from her.

"I can't. My daddy is mad because I didn't pick up my room last night." I laughed knowing that he never cleans his room anyway. I looked down the road and noticed a big, black van coming our way. 

"Aiden, can you walk home with me at least?" I asked him, Ignoring the slowing van. 

"Sure, come on." We started walking. We past the van which had all tinted windows, the van sped up as we passed it. "Hey Max? What did Linsey tell you today?" 

"She told me that I was a freak. Just normal stuff." Linsey was the 2nd grade bully. She hates me for no reason. 

As Aiden and I continued walking and talking, I noticed the van again. It was pulling up to the side of the road. I glanced at Aiden, who had stopped. We stared at the van that had just pulled up to us.

The window rolled down to reveal a woman about Mommy's age, but with blonde hair. "Hello lovelies. What are your names?" She seemed nice, Mommy said it was rude not to talk when you are talked to.

"My name is Max and this is Aiden." I said politely. The woman smiled at me, and i smiled back. 

"Max, Your mommy is going to be mad that you arent home by 3." Aiden said. I nodded and turned to the woman again.

"Goodbye, I have to go home now." I turned from her and Aiden and I walked down the sidewalk. 

I heard a door open, and hands wrapped around my arms. I screamed. Aiden was running towards me, trying to help me.

"Miranda! The boy, please!" The person who was holding me shouted. He tightened his grip on my arms, and started to drag me to the back of the van.

"AIDEN! HELP ME!" I was thrown into the van, watching as the woman-Miranda-shot a needle into Aiden's neck. Then, Aiden fell to the ground, passed out. I screamed Aidens name again, wanting him to wake up. He didn't. 

The man jumped into the van and closed the back doors of the van. I screamed and cried out for Aiden.

I heard the front door close, and the van started.

And All I could think about, Was If Aiden was okay.

***

HEY EVERYBODY!

SO, I WAS AT THE STORE TODAY, AND SAW THIS T-SHIRT THAT SAID 'INVISIBLE ANGELS' 

IT WAS AWESOME.

SO, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE BOOK SO FAR. 

CLICK THE STAR FOR APPROVAL!

-VIOLET EDEN