The Games

-Mackenzie-

“Did you bring a sleeping bag?”

Sophia shook her head, eyes concerned. “I do not own a sleeping bag.”

Mackenzie laughed at her expression and reaction. “That's okay, like I said earlier, there's a guest bedroom. I wouldn't have an old lady sleep on the floor.”

Sophia took a breath and set her expression back to it's default. Mackenzie smiled at her, encouraging her to at least smile back. When she didn't Mackenzie opened up her door and gestured towards the inside.

“Sophia, will you please come inside my lovely abode?” She asked, her voice small and sweet with no trace of sarcasm. This seemed to please Sophia and she walked into the house without caution.

“Where are your parents?” Sophia questioned as she followed Mackenzie up the stairs to the second floor. Mackenzie smiled to herself.

“They're taking ballroom dancing classes together downtown,” Mackenzie answered, “There's exactly two thoroughly entertaining things in this town; the bookshop and the dance studio.”

“Yes, and I expect you will be showing me one of those tomorrow.” Sophia absentmindedly traced the wall in the hallway. Mackenzie led her to a door and opened it, revealing the guest bedroom.

“Only if you really think you can dance,” Mackenzie smirked. She watched as the older girl assessed the room and set her stuff down. She didn't worry so much about having Sophia in her house, seeing as she'd given no sign that she was dangerous at all. The only thing that bothered Mackenzie was that she had only met her the night before, so she couldn't really trust her, but she had to.

“My dancing abilities will not be needed in a library,” Sophia retorted. Mackenzie opened her mouth to spit back some smart ass comment, but shook her head and closed it when she realized that she should probably be a little nicer to the vampire who would be sleeping down the hall.

“Let me show you the way to my room, so when I get all lonely tonight you can come hold me like Edward held Bella,” Mackenzie teased, “I mean, that's what you're hear for right? Julian seems to think so.”

Sophia seemed to almost crack a smile, but instead just nodded and followed Mackenzie into the hallway and over to her door.

“What do you want to do to kill time?” Mackenzie asked Sophia, thinking of her huge collection of books and movies.

“We could start training early,” Sophia offered. Mackenzie made a face, shaking her head rapidly at the suggestion. Her eyelids felt heavy and there was a slight throbbing in the back of her head. She needed some recovery time being doing any physically strenuous activity.

“Maybe we could watch a movie?” Mackenzie offered, making her way to a large book shelf that was filled from top to bottom with the films she'd collected over the years. Sophia followed her and looked over the movies.

“This is an interesting collection,” Sophia commented. Mackenzie couldn't tell if she meant it in a good way or a bad way, so she just nodded. Sophia stepped towards the shelf and traced a finger across the edge as she read through the titles. “Are these organized by genre?”

“Yeah,” Mackenzie replied, smiling widely, “So if you wanna watch a movie, pick a genre and I'll tell you where to find it.”

Sophia glanced back at her, and Mackenzie almost thought she seemed amused. “Do you have any Kubrick films?”

“Just The Shining,” She answered, “Do you want to watch that?”

Sophia glanced back at the shelf, “Yes.”