Chapter 2

DURING SCHOOL

DAPHNE'S POV

OMG, there he is. The love of my life, Tim, should I go and say hi or should I ignore him, so many choices, OMG he is coming over OMG OMG OMG what do I do?

"Hi, I'm Tim; I'm new around here, what's your name?"

"Hi, my name is Daphne" I barely manage to say 

"Cool name"

"Thanks" 

"So what class are you in, Tim?" 

"I don't know, I was just talking to my new friends and they said if i wanted to know anything about anyone or anything, I should just come over to you."

"Oh, is that the only reason that you came over?"

"Well, yeah, why else would I come over?"

I'm crushed; I thought he came over to actually have a conversation with me. I should've known that it would never happen to me.

"Well if you want to know anything about anyone you should go and speak to Holly Hills"

"Ok, why?"

"Because being the head cheerleader, she has to know everything about everyone or anyone"

"Ok, do you know where I can find her?"

"Yep, she is just walking in the door right know."

"Ok, thanks for the help, Sarah"

"It's Daphne."

"Whatever"

As Tim ran off in search of Holly, I looked around me, I didn't belong here. I have nothing in common with these people, why do they mock me and tease me? Is it because of my looks, the way I act or just who I am? But who am I? Isn't that the question we all ask ourselves? What are we doing here and why are we here? 

DURING SCHOOL

HOLLY'S POV

Why is some new kid running over to me like a loon? Aside the fact that he is pushing random loser kids out of the way he is pretty hot, those big muscles, tanned, broad shoulders, shaggy blonde hair and blue eyes. Hopefully he is coming over to me.

"Are you Holly?" spluttered Tim, with quick raspy breaths

"Yes, and who might you be?"

"I'm Tim, I'm new around here"

"Obviously" I said with a tone of bitchiness in my voice

I just have to play hard to get, then he will definitely ask me out. It worked for the other 35 guys that I went out with last semester.

"So why did you come over here?" I added with maliciousness and making it known that I was bored and almost done talking with him. 

"Because that chick over there, Daphne....."

"Daphne sent you over here?"

"Yes and no"

"What did she want you to ask me?"

"Nothing, she said that if I wanted to know anything about anyone in this school I should come to you." 

"Well if you wanna be popular here you have to go out with someone popular."

"Do they have to be hot as well?"

"Duh, are you stupid Tim?"

He may be hot but he is definitely stupid, which I usually seem to find with all these guys. Oh, well. He'll just have to do.

"Well I think I found someone."

"Who are you talking about?"

I asked, my brain worked at top speed trying to figure out who it was. Then I realized. He meant me. 

"That girl Daphne over there."

"Are you freaking serious?" I had to use all the mind and will power I had to not yell at him.

"Yes I am. Why what's wrong?"

"She is the nerdiest, lamest, most unpopular girl that this school has ever seen."

Said my friends, (Trisha, Britney, Samantha and Bridget) thank God I have heaps; they come in handy when I need backing up. 

"Really?  She seemed pretty cool, well thanks for your time, I'll be sure to see you around"

 I turned to my friends, everyone refused to look at me all except Sara, she has always wanted to be the leader, one bad move and she is next on top. I have to turn this around, this can't be happening not today, not ever! What do I do? How do I change things? Crap, I suddenly realised how far I've fallen, I have to climb back up. 

 "What a freaking jerk!" This better work I thought. 

"Yea, totes" 

Thank God for my friends.