Of Peril and Poetry

(A/N) Slower Chapter sorry about that. Trying to get out of a block. Next chapter involves some questing from the beloved Karkat.

Readers POV

   Today in English class, you were starting to feel restless. You still had 2 classes left until you could dash to the "base on the hill" whatever he needs to tell you is important. You look over to Karkat, who is sitting a few rows in front of you. You see that he also looks a little restless, normally this is his favorite class, but today he seems like he can't wait to get out. You usually would ponder this more, but your thoughts are cut short by a pair of arms wrapping around you.
  "(F/N)! I'm so glad you are better! Did you get the assignments done? Do you need help? Do you need to copy mine?" Roxy has a mix of happiness and concern written on her face.
"Roxy! I'm good, I got it done. Thank you for your concern. But you are drawing a bit of attention..." You look around at the many turned heads, one of which is Karkat's who quickly returns to the large paper in his hands.
"So who did you write about in the poetry assignment?" She smiled playfully, the assignment was to write a poem on something beautiful. You know Roxy likely wrote about a person, she's usually head over heels for someone. But you? It takes someone pretty special to catch your eye. That's why you didn't write about someone.
  "Oh it's a metaphor for new beginnings, rebirth and religion. Ya know the usual." You look at her in all seriousness, then smirk.
  "So it's about Easter?" She laughs, you both know you can get deep into things, but that's not nearly as fun as pretending.
  "Close, it's about spring. Read into it what you will. Metaphors tend to be everywhere." You reply as you hand her the paper. She scans down the page, smiling.

Petals dampened by a storm.
Dried by sunlight; bright and warm.
Bees linger near; shaken with fear.
By Mother Earth's tear.
Sparrows and blue jays fill the skies, Drenching clouds in sweet lullabies.
No one could deny,
Earth of her song, so delicately shy.
Behind the horizon the sun will fade,
The sky turns orange, then a deep Jade.
Night brings new life and now we lay
In hope of a wonderful, new spring day.

"Wowza (F/N), that was deep. So deep." Roxy says, rolling her eyes.
"Call the Striders your irony is almost on Par with theirs."
"But really. It was very pretty. Wasn't your best though, was it because you weren't doing so hot?" After a moment of hesitation you nod. It was more you were distracted by a certain someone. Roxy would likely understand, but you fear she may spill the beans by accident.
  "Yeah, something like that." The teacher comes around and collects your work, nodding in approval at some, and shaking his head in distaste at others.
"Hello class, (F/N) glad to have you back with us today. In just a moment I will be giving you assigned groups of three. You may not complain about who you are assigned with. In these groups you will be given a Shakespearian sonnet to analyze. You must be able to explain the meaning of each line and summarize the entire thing in 5 words or less. I will be looking over your preliminary poems and I will read the best aloud to the class. Anonymously of course. But before that I will be reading an original Shakespeare Sonnet to get you in the mood." He pulls out a piece of paper, and begins.

"Act I, Scene 5
ROMEO [To JULIET.]
If I profane with my unworthiest hand This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

JULIET
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.

ROMEO
Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?

JULIET
Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.