CHAPTER 12

"What?" Q asked, sounding uneasy.

"You think I didn't click as soon as I walked in on the two of you in the kitchen earlier?" Sal huffed.
Q looked towards me and then at the floor, not knowing what to say anymore than I did. We were caught, there wasn't much more that we could say or do at this point. "Just..why man?"

"Why what?" he asked back.

"Why can't you just do something that isn't going to have a fucked up ripple effect for once? I'm in on this now, every moment that I don't tell her father is another minute of betrayal to a friend that has been nothing but loyal to me and to you for that matter. Hell, he even let's you stay under his roof when you're here and you repay him by sneaking into his daughters room at night? Even for you, that's a new level of low."

His words were harsh, but they were also true. We both knew that it was wrong, but to hear it laid out there so brutally made the realization of the predicament that we were in come to light even more.

"Are you gonna tell my dad?" I gulped, worryingly awaiting Sals answer.

Sal looked at the both of us, and then back at the house. Thoughts of what to do clearly overwhelming him. He shrugged slightly.

"If this stops now...and I mean right now, then no..I'll keep it to myself. But if I find out that you've been continuing this, then I'm sorry, but it's just not something that I can have in my knowledge."

I looked over at Q, watching him rub his hands over his face out of frustration.

"Alright" Q agreed quietly. "Alright, we'll stop".

I was hoping that he would have just been saying that to keep Sal sweet, but the tone of sincerity in his voice made my stomach swirl into a pit of nauseousness. I had only just gotten this guy in my grasp again, and he was already gone. Maybe this was a sign that this really wasn't okay. Ugh.

I got up, walking past the two of them without saying a word and headed back into the house. I ran up to my room, grabbed my car keys and tried to make my exit before anyone would realize.

I didn't know where I was going, all I knew is that I couldn't stay there. The feeling of humiliation was becoming all too familiar and I couldn't face the two of them and act like I was having a good time after the moment we had all previously shared together in the garden.
-

I pulled up to the scenic overlook, one of my favorite places- and probably one of the most quietest places in the whole of L.A. The view of the whole city was mesmerising after dark, definitely a place to take your mind off of anything.

Sitting on the cool grass, taking in the sight, I barely noticed my phone vibrating on the ground.

"Where are you?" Q texted.

I texted back letting him know where I was, I'm not so sure why. He was one of the main reasons that I was out here, to get away from him. But there was always the slight hope that he would come out and find me.

"I'll be right there, don't leave."

I had no idea where this would end up, but I had to know what he was going to say.

A short ten minutes later, an unfamiliar car began to pull up into the car park. I saw Q stepping out of the back door, paying the driver before noticing me.

"Why'd you leave?" was the first thing that he said to me.

"Because, that was so awkward. I was basically just the shit end of an ultimatum, not really my finest moment."