CHAPTER 27

Q's phone rang for what felt like the seventh time, now becoming something so annoying that we could no longer avoid it by hiding our heads under the pillows and covers. He scurried around on the floor, helped by the small peaks of sunlight creeping through the gaps in the curtain. Picking up his jeans, he searched the pocket for the ringing gadget, squinting from the brightness as he looked at who was calling him.

"What do you want?" He moaned to the person on the receiving end. He turned to look at me, still lying comfortably in bed, waiting for them to finish what was an awfully long rant, before rolling his eyes. "Well what do you want me to do about it?" He paused, before chuckling. "No way, I can't do that." I heard the voice of the person on the other end getting louder, before Q looked back at me, trying to hide a smirk. "Yeah, something like that" he said smugly, before looking away. "Well alright, man. See you soon." He hung up, chucking the phone onto the bottom of the bed. "You will never guess what that was about" he smiled, which was a very odd thing for him to be doing since he was pulled from his sleep just moments before.

"What?" I asked through a yawn.

"Turns out a friend of yours got acquainted with a friend of mine last night"

"Shut. Up." I widened my eyes in shock. "Who?"

"Murr" he said quickly, sitting next to me, already awaiting the great reaction to follow.

"MURR?" I all but yelled, sitting up as quick as I could, causing Brian to put his hand on my arm to stop me from yelling anything else.

"You gotta be quiet though. He's still next door."

I shook my head, giggling to myself slightly as I leant back onto my pillow. All I could now picture was Kara and Murray in the act. It was definitely something of the humorous sort. He was not her type at all.

"See, I always pictured her as someone that would go for Sal" I said.

"I don't know. Maybe she was spiked?" Q acted just as surprised, sounding as if the only logical explanation in this situation was down to unknown drugging.

"Typical him behavior, however. Calling his friends to let them know. What were you, 18th friend in the line?"

"Don't be silly." Q interjected. "Murray doesn't have that many friends" he smiled, pleased with his joke. More so when it had made me laugh, also. "He actually called because he wants to dip. But she's not awake and he doesn't want to just leave."

"I guess I'll give him points for that"

"I wouldn't go that far" he laughed, causing me to raise an eyebrow in question. "He wanted me to go round there, spin some lies so he has an excuse to leave. I said no, then he figured out that I was here with you. So he suggested.. you do it.." He finished, looking at me, wondering if I'd be the one to do it or not.

"Why am I getting dragged into this?"

"Hey don't shoot the messenger" Q replied, raising his hands as if he was surrendering.

"Grown as men.." I muttered to myself, lying myself back down completely, pulling the blanket up to my chest. Choosing to ignore the request that Brian had passed on. He slid down next to me, laying on his side so he was facing me, sliding his hand over my stomach and leaving it there. I had to try and hide every part of me that just wanted to smile and radiate the joy I had felt in that excruciatingly cute moment. He was definitely right, he wasn't great with putting how he felt about this pregnancy into words. But his actions were something that spoke for him, making me feel completely at ease, knowing that he had finally accepted the news and seemed to be feeling quite good about it at that.