Giving Up Hope

This was my usual routine. Getting beaten up so badly, it required treatment. I saw Erick a few days back. He looked so broken down and miserable. He cried his heart out to me. When he left, all I wanted was to die.

I never saw Jezebel that much. She only came once in a while, and when she did, she never sticked around long enough.

Yesterday, I had one of the most terrible scenes ever. It was so bad, I got locked up in a room, and tied to the bed. They left me there for a week. Everyday, someone would come to feed me. They changed my clothing and bathed me, but I was injected before they did so.

When they finally let me out, I was brought back to my room, where I got beaten up again by Peaches and her gang, then brought to the nurse's office.

Jezebel sat next to me on the bed. She was crying. 'Why do we have to suffer this Chelse? You know it's never going to stop. Samuel's always going to be haunting you and Peaches and her gang will always be beating you. Why can't we just stop this?'

"I don't know Jezey. I have to tell Erick goodbye."

'What if we dont have time?'

"Well at least we know we tried."

She disappeared. I was brought back to my room safely, with the help of the nurse. "Please lock the door." She instructed. I nodded. When she left, I layed on my bed staring up at the ceiling.

I remembered me and Erick. Our life together was not long, but it was memorable. It was a combination of bad and good memories. I remembered his eyes, his smile, his laugh. I remembered how he would squeal and laugh and talk like a little kid.

He always loved his games. We would giggle and laugh for no reason. He was the highlight of my life, and I'm not certainly sure if I was his highlight, but I think I was.

My eyes watered. "Oh Erick. I'm sorry it had to end like this." Jezebel was here. She felt it.

'I'm so sorry Chelse. I am so so sorry." She kissed my forehead and left something in my hand.

It was a blade. She stood in the left corner of the room. She was waiting. She could feel it coming.

I saw Erick's face. He was speaking to me. We were laughing. We smiled and talked shit, which made me blush. Then Samuel appeared. He was abusive. He slapped me and sent me against the floor. I started crying.

"I'm sorry Erick."

It was deep. I did the other side. I felt the blade slide from between my fingers.

I fell to the floor. Jezebel layed next to me. Our hands touched. I took my last breath. With Erick on my mind, I left earth. I was never coming back now. Nothing could wake me up. Not even a kiss. This was no fairy tale. This was real life. I was gone.

Jezebel and I ran through the feild of flowers. We were laughing and enjoying ourselves. Our hands were not marked anymore. They were clean. We had no bruises or scars. We were happy. "Jezey how are they going to know to tell Erick what happened? The door was locked." 'Don't worry darling. I took care of that.' Erick was on my mind all the time. What was he going to do? I loved him with all my heart and I always will. Earth was a nice place, but this was better.

The butterflies fluttered and the birds chirped. Jezey and I layed under the tree. There was no one to taunt us anymore. No one to beat us up. We danced and danced through the flowers. Petals poured down like rain. We had no worries. We were free.