Chapter 15:

Today is Brock's birthday. He was finally three years old and that was a lot to take in. Both Brianna and Zak decided it would be a good idea to go and wake Brock up, considering that his birthday party was in a few hours.

Brianna and Zak trudged up the stairs and into Brock's bedroom. When they entered his room, they found that Brock was still asleep in his crib. 

"Brock-" Zak whispered. There wasn't any movement. Brock was still fast asleep. "Brock?" He repeated, in hope that his small son would awaken. Brock didn't move, he was still asleep. "Brock? It's time to wake up." Brianna said, loudly, in hope that Brock would hear her. 

Brock soon started to roll over and make a few whiney noises. After a while, he finally sat up.

"Happy Birthday, Brock!" Brianna and Zak both said at the same time. Brock giggled and smiled widely. "-Tank you!" He replied as he continued to smile at this. "Do you wanna get out of bed? We need to get you ready for your birthday party later today." Zak said to him. Brock nodded and stood up in his crib. He tried to jump and climb out of his crib but nearly fell backwards in the process of this. "Woah there, little boy. Be careful." Zak warned him, as he ruffled his hair and lifted him out of his crib. 

"Maybe it's time to get you a new bed, considering that you are three years old now." Brianna suggested, as she thought about the fact that Brock was trying to climb out of his bed. "I agree." Zak spoke. Brock was already outgrowing the crib anyway. 

Brianna had ran a bath for Brock as soon as he woke up. There wasn't a lot of time before Brock's  birthday party would start so it was important that Brianna was able to get her son into the bath and ready before everyone arrived. 

"Babe? Can you get Brock for me, please?" Brianna asked Zak as soon as he walked into the bathroom. "Of course, one second." He smiled at her as he exited the bathroom and went to find his son. "Brock? Bath time!" Zak called to him. He knew that Brock was definitely in his room as he could hear a lot of shuffling around coming from inside his bedroom. 

"No bath." Brock replied from his room. Zak sighed as he opened Brock's bedroom door and walked in. "C'mon Brock, if you don't have a bath, you won't be able to see all your friends and you certainly won't be getting any birthday presents or cake." Zak told him sternly, but calmly. This was the only way that he was going to be able to get Brock to go into the bath. 

Brock frowned and looked to the floor sadly. He had stopped playing with whatever he was playing with. Zak picked him up off the floor and carried him towards the bathroom. As he did so, Brock was trying to squirm out of his arms.

"Brock, do you want to see your friends and family or not?" Zak asked him, as he stopped in the middle of the hallway. "-Yeah." Brock replied, as he thought to himself. "Then please, stop squirming." Zak said, as he sighed slightly. Brock finally listened and soon stopped squirming as his daddy walked into the bathroom with him. 

Brianna was already in the bathroom, sitting at the side of the bath tub. "Let's undress you, Brock." Brianna said to her son as Zak placed Brock down on the bathroom floor and shut the door behind him so that Brock wouldn't run out of the room. 

Once Brianna had gotten Brock out of his pyjamas and his diaper, she placed him into the bath. "Would you like your rubber duck-y?" She asked him. Brock nodded his head vigorously as he started to play with the bubbles in the tub. Zak grabbed Brock's rubber duck off of the 'bath toy ledge' and placed it into the bath. "-Tank you!" Brock said, as he began to play with his rubber duck.