Chapter 2

"This sucks, you know that right?" Sean Roman asked her as they walked along the pier, "only you would volunteer us for this shit" he jammed his hands in his pockets, "I swear my balls are frozen"

Kim shot him a look, "Get over it Roman" she told him, "I'm sick of sitting in a car all day, it'll be good to stretch our legs"

"Whatever you say" he huffed, "are you coming to Molly's tonight?" He rested his arms on the railing over looking the lake, "I'm pretty sure everyone from intelligence is going. I know how bad you wanna get upstairs" his voice had a hint of annoyance in it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She arched an eyebrow at him.

He laughed, "It's pretty obvious you know"

She felt her stomach turn, "What?"

He started walking again, "You hate being on patrol"

Relieved, "Oh, that." She had to jog a little bit to catch up with him, "I don't hate patrol, I just want more, you know?"

"I guess" he told her.

"Yea, I think I will go tonight"

He hit her shoulder, "Good, I bet Voight will go, maybe if you're nice to him" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut Up Sean!" She punched his arm.

"I'm kidding Kim, you'll get a chance up there sooner or later. You're good police"

Jeremiah carefully took the camera off the shelf, "How much?"

The owner joined him, "How much you got?"

He pulled his wallet out, careful to keep from showing off the five hundred dollars he had, "a buck twenty five?"

The older man shrugged, "I guess that'll work. You into photography? My daughter is, likes to take pictures of birds and shit" he smiled,"to each their own, right?"

Jeremiah grinned, "Yea, something like that" he handed the money over and slid the camera in his back pack, he was getting excited now.  It was just a matter of time now before he grabbed her. He'd been watching her for days now, he knew her routine and he couldn't wait to make her pay.

One bitch at a time.

"So, you're telling me you took him down? All by yourself?" Kevin asked Adam. They had finally closed the case they'd been working on the last few weeks and they all needed to cut loose. They needed to erase the horrors they had seen, it was ugly but not uncommon. Every case they had seemed to be uglier than the last.

Adam smirked, "Well, not totally by myself. Halstead helped"

"Helped?" Jay asked, "I'm pretty sure I did everything. Your slow ass caught up after I had knocked him out"

Voight grinned, it wasn't like him to hang out at Molly's. He wasn't exactly a favorite with the owners, but he was pleased with his unit and wanted to help them celebrate and buy a few rounds.  "

"Fellas, it was a good job" He held his glass up, "this is more than a unit, we're a family" Hank said, they clinked their shot glasses together downing them soon after.

"Hey everyone" Kim greeted them, careful to keep her distance from Adam.

Sean came up behind her, draping his arm around Kim as if he was staking claim.

Adam glared at him, "Roman" he shifted his weight on the stool, "Burgess"

Kim knew Adam was uncomfortable with Sean's arm around her, she moved from his touch, "Ruzek" she took the vacant stool beside Erin, opposite Adam.