The One Where He's Confused About Cuddling

Dean scowls as he passes the popcorn to Sam, making sure to glare at his little brother. Damn him. Sam knows Dean is in love with Cas, so why make a fucking move on the angel? Dean's been ignoring the new couple ever since they got together, and Dean's pissed. Really fucking pissed. He was the one who searched for Cas in Purgatory for a year, not Sam.

"Why is the scientist so enthusiastic about his car?" Cas asks. Dean jumps to answer, but Sam beats him to it.

"His car is a time machine, Cas," Sam explains. The ex-angel's head is on Sam's chest, Sam's hand running through his hair. Dean grumbles and turns around in his bed so he's facing the wall.

"Dean?" he hears Castiel ask, and the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, Cas, I'm just peachy. Watch the fuckin' movie," Dean snaps, closing his eyes.

"He's probably just had a long day, babe," Sam whispers, and Dean feels his blood boil. Babe? Why the fuck is he using pet names now?

Dean can't fall asleep, and they're about a half hour into the movie when he hears Sam start snoring. Dean chuckles to himself. Cas'll have to deal with that, he thinks. At least I don't snore.

It's about ten minutes after that when Dean feels a hand on his back. He whips around to see Cas standing there in only his boxers. The TV screen illuminates his face and chest, and Dean's breaths become shorter.

"Uh, hey," Dean says. "Can't sleep?" Cas shakes his head and shyly glances at Sam, and Dean chuckles. "Yeah, I know, pal. He get's annoying sometimes." Cas bites his lip and looks down at the empty half of Dean's bed.

"There's, uh, there's not much room for me on Sam's bed, he's a very large man, and I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind if I slept in your bed tonight? Again, just for tonight, until we get back to the bunker. Sam's bed there is much bigger," Cas explains, stuttering over a few of his words. Dean smiles and shifts a little, pulling back the comforter to let Cas in, the smaller man mumbling a thank you. They don't touch each other, and they're facing opposite sides of the bed. Dean flips the TV off with a remote he's been hiding and says a quick goodnight to Cas, and begs himself not to get hard at the fact that there's a half naked man in his bed.

•••

He's woken up by a hand on the print on his shoulder, and shivers. Dean had dreamt about Cas touching that spot again and again, but he wills his dick to stay calm and turns to see Cas, face actually scared.

"What's up?" Dean asks, voice deep and rumbly.

"I had a bad dream," Cas says quietly. Dean frowns.

"What about?"

"I was losing you."

At that Dean grabs Cas' hand and pulls him closer to his body so they're facing each other, but now laying down.

"I'm right here, though," he explains.

"That's not my point, Dean," Cas gruffly says. "I'm supposed to be in love with Sam."

"Why say that?"

"Because he's in love with me."

"Cas," Dean sighs. "Just because Sam is in love with you doesn't mean you have to be in love with him. That's not how it works."

"Oh," Cas replies. "I don't like cuddling with Sam." Dean laughs.

"I didn't really think you'd be a cuddling guy," he says. Cas shakes his head.

"No, I wouldn't mind it. It's just — it doesn't feel right with him," he explains.

"What feels right for you then, Cas?" Dean asks, looking into bright blue eyes. Cas un-hesitantly wraps his arms around Dean's waist, nuzzles his face into Dean's neck, and pressed their bodies as close together as possible. Dean tangles their legs together and wrap's his own arms around Castiel, taking a deep breath of his hair.

"This," Cas softly says. "This is how it should feel." Dean nods and squeezes Cas tightly.

He's in such a good mood that even when Sam wakes up and find them the next morning, both his and Cas' hair messy and lips swollen from acts that ensued, his heart is still beating irregularly.