Rebekah holds a marshmallow covered stick to the flames. Neither her nor Damon really seem to care about the wind directing the fire's smog our way. When her marshmallow catches on fires, she quickly brings it to her mouth and blows on it vigorously. As the flames die down, all that's left is a little ball of black.

"Mine always does that." I say, not even knowing I'm talking until they turn to look at me. "I actually prefer it burnt now."

Rebekah looks down at the marshmallow, disappointed. After a second of debate, she passes me the stick with her delicious creation on top of it. I smile politely. Maybe things aren't so horrible between us.

After eating the marshmallow with no accompaniment, I take a fresh one of my own and purposefully put it deep into the fire until it bursts into flames.

"Is this supposed to be fun? I've been through 10 of these." Rebekah complains, gazing at my unique creation, "That looks disgusting, Clara."

Damon shakes his head and reaches for my stick. I shoot him a terrible excuse for an intimidating look, but hand it over anyway.

"You're just looking at it all wrong. This is just a little rough on the outside." He pulls off the crisped outer layer of the marshmallow, "But the inside, yum."

Damon guides the stick to Rebekah's mouth in a gross, seductive way. A grin spreads across her face as a reaction to the magnificent taste.

"Mm. It's good."

"Yep." Damon says as he licks his fingers. "Wait until you have a s'more."

I don't think I could have rolled my eyes any harder.

A comfortable silence settles over the three of us as I reach for a new marshmallow. It seems to be going pretty well so far. As far as I can tell, Rebekah doesn't seem like she's suspicious of our distracting at all. Plus, Elena and Stefan have wandered off, just as they are supposed to. Everything seems to be going smoothly.

"So, where's your big bad brother?" Damon asks.

I don't think bringing up Klaus is a good idea whatsoever. I hope Damon reads that in my eyes, but he doesn't seem to care about anything else besides the blonde for the moment. Ugh. We're supposed to keep her occupied, not talk about Klaus.

"Half-brother." She corrects, "He's probably running around creating his hybrids. That, or he's with an unlucky red head somewhere. At least that's the only reason I can think of that would cause him to leave me behind."

I can't help but notice how she glances at me with the mention of Klaus being with another girl. Luckily for me, I don't need to react to her pathetic attempts to hurt. There's no reason for me to anymore, Klaus can do whatever the hell he wants.

Neither of us comment on what she said. I sort of wished Damon had just to get her watchful eyes off of me.

"Your hair looks much lighter than I remember it to be," I comment, "Did you change it?"

Her piercing blue eyes meet my brown ones. A look of uncertainty crosses her face. I want her to know she can trust me. Then again, I'm sitting here right now trying to distract her from what's really going on. This double agent thing isn't really something I can enjoy at all.

Rebekah reaches up to touch a strand of blonde hair subconsciously. For a second, I thought maybe I got it wrong and that I've ruined this whole thing by talking out of my ass. Then, when she smiles to herself without meeting my eyes, I know I got it right.

"I was certain you wouldn't notice." She replies sweetly, obviously happy that I did.

I make a face, "How could I not notice? I absolutely love it."