Chapter 3

The day went by quickly and it was Monday morning before I knew it. I'm still really jet lagged but my excitement made me forget. Today is my first day interning with Scooter Braun! The office is only a couple of blocks away from my apartment so I can walk there.

 I make sure to wear a really cute and professional outfit. I have to dress to impress. I can hardly contain my excitement as I walk down the streets of LA to Scooter Braun's office! Who would've ever thought that I, Hayley Hart, from a small town in England, would be interning with Scooter Freaking Braun!?!?

I walk up to another tall building and I walk inside. This is it. I go up the elevator to the floor I was told Scooter's office is on.  The elevator doors open to a small waiting room with albums and pictures of different muiscians on the walls. I walk up to the desk and am greeted by a woman who I'm guessing is a secretary.

 "Good Morning. Are you an Intern?" the woman asks.

 "Yes I am!" I say happily and show her the letter that proves that I am.

 She pulls something out of drawer "Hello Ms.Hart! I'm Rachel, Mr.Braun's secretary. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. The interns are all in the room to the right." She smiles and hands me a name tag on a lanyard. I pull it over my head and thank Rachel before walking into the room. It's a big conference room and there are four people sitting and waiting. They all have the same name tags as me so I'm guessing they're interns too.

 I sit down next to a girl with brown hair. She smiles at me. "Hi! I'm Isabella!" she says. I can tell that she's just as excited as I am.

 "Hayley." I say shyly.

 "Wow! Are you from the UK?" She asks.

 "Yes." I tell her quickly.

 "That's really cool! I wish I was from somewhere cool! I'm from some nowhere town in boring old Connecticut." She tells me.

 "It's really not that cool. Trust me. I'm from some boring little farming town in the UK. It's nothing exciting." I tell her.

The door opens and someone walks in. When everyone sees that it's just another intern we all go  back to whatever we were doing. And the door opens again and Rachel pops her head in to tell us that everyone's here and Scooter Braun will be in shortly.

 "So what do you think we're going to do?" Isabella asks excitedly.

 "I have no idea." I say as my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and smile. It's John. I open the text and it says You Busy Tonight? I type a quick reply Nope. The door opens and Scooter Braun walks in and I stuff my phone quickly into my pocket.

 Scooter Braun sits down at the end of the table setting a binder in front of him on the table. "Good Morning." He smiles. "Welcome to the Scooter Braun team. I know you're all just so excited to be here for the summer and can't wait to know what you'll be doing to but before we get to that I'm going to go over some rules and expectations we have for you." His tone turns quickly serious and he goes on with all the rules and I listen to everything he says. I can't mess this up.

 "Now before we get to job assignments does anyone have any questions?" he asks.

 One guy raises his hand "Mr.Braun, Will we get to meet any of the people you manage?" he asks.

 "Call me Scooter, and yes you will. And actually some of you will be working with them on a personal level." Scooter says and everyone looks at each other with excited smiles. "Is that it? Good. Now it's time for you all to know what you're jobs will be.

 I watch as Scooter calls for each intern and gives them there job assignment. Some of there faces are filled with excitement and happiness from learning there positions and others look sad and upset.

Scooter gives everyone there jobs and then Isabella and I are the only two left in the conference room. Scooter smiles at us both. "You two must be Isabella and Hayley. Now who's who?"

 Isabella smiles and says 'I'm Isabella!"

 "Hayley." I say quietly. Why are we the last two here?

 "It's great to meet you two. You two have the most important jobs in my mind. And before i tell you what they are I want to talk to you both without the other interns. We had a lot of people apply to be interns here. Hundreds of people and out of those hundreds you two had the most impressive essays and resumes we saw." Scooter says.

 I'm sort of shocked. The essay I wrote was one of the top two he read? I thought it was terrible! It was about my time in high school being the social outcast and how I dreamed of being more than that. But to be honest I thought it was garbage when I wrote it. And I never achieved anything so my resume was about as impressive as a blank piece of paper.

 "You look surprised Hayley." Scooter says and I snap out of my thoughts.

 "Oh. Well honestly I sort of am." I say.

 "Well, I read a lot of essays like yours but there was something about yours. There was something about it that was real and refreshing that made me say I need this girl here this summer." He smiles. "So back to what I need to tell you two. If I'm impressed by your hard work this summer there may be job openings for both of you during the year."

 "Really?" Isabella squeals.

 "Really." Scooter says. He looks at me waiting for my reaction but my mouth just hangs open in complete surprise. "So do you want to know your jobs now?"

 We both nod our heads. Isabella is way more enthusiastic than I am.

 "Isabella you're going to be my personal assistant. Which is good because you'll get to learn a lot about the music industry from me. Now you can go wait outside and I'll be out in a minute." Scooter says and Isabella smile gets ever bigger which I didn't think was possible. She does what she was told and waits outside leaving me alone with Scooter Braun. I wouldn't be surprised if he could hear my heart beating it was so quiet.

 "So Hayley. I'm asking you to help out with my newest project. I just signed a new boyband to my record label and one of the things that stuck out about you was that you're from the UK. Well so is this boyband." When he says this my heart stops. Boyband from the UK? What are the chances that it's... nevernind. "Well I thought you'd be good to help them out. Now we've gotten them a day to day manager so you're going to be a sort of assistant manager to keep them in control." Scooter says. "So does that sound exciting?"

 "Can I ask what this boyband's name is?" I ask. I cross my fingers that it's not his band...

 Scooter smiles excitedly "The Wanted!"