Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Ryan's POV-

Fuck! I can't believe this. How could something like that even be my mate. When I felt the sparks all I wanted to do was hold her. But then I remember she was a nobody and my pack needed a strong female they would accept as their Luna. I watched as her face contorted into pain. To make the rejection final and for her to understand that she will never be with me, I walked up to Brittney and kissed her. I continued to kiss her but watched as Emery ran for the exit. My wolf growled in the back of my head. The anger rolling off him caused me to shove Brittney away. He wanted his mate and his mate alone. I stayed in the hall even after the bell had rang and everyone scurried away. I peeled Brittany's arm off of me before heading for the door. I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on anything with my wolf pacing my mind. Getting into my car I sped toward the bar not to far from the school. Fake ID in hand, I decided drinking my thoughts away would be my only option.

Emery's POV-

As I ran through the front door to the pack house, I pass my adopted brother. My parents died when I was a baby due to a hunter attack. Tommy's parents passed away two years ago, their car crashed into a river and they drowned before they could escape. Tommy looked up and was at my side as soon as he saw the tears staining my cheeks. "What happened Em? Who made you cry?" he said in a soft tone. It was rare that I cried, it was bad to look weak in front of others. "Tommy, Ryan's my mate and he rejected me in front of everyone." I sobbed into my brother's shoulder. He held me tight and rubbed my back in a circle motion. Tommy was only 17 but he was the only parent figure in my 14 year old life. Tommy was brilliant he took extra classes and finished school early. Tommy sweeped me up and carried me to my bed. Laying me down, he continued to assure me that everything would be okay "Get some rest and I'll be right down stairs." I nodded slowly as he left to return to his spot in front of the T.V. My eyes burned and I knew I couldn't keep them open any longer. Closing my eyes I turned to my side and drifted off to sleep.

~

My eyes snapped open the second my door shut behind someone. Looking over in the darkness I see Ryan, pain rises in my heart.

"What are you doing here? Here to cause me more pain?"

He was silent as he stared at me. I shivered looking at the black pits that were his eyes.

"Get out!" I growled not wanting him to look at me any longer.

He was on me in an instant, I didn't have time to blink. He pinned my arms down, breathing into my face. Ryan's breath reeked of alcohol making want to cringe back into the mattress.

"Get off of me!" I tried to tuck my legs back to kick him off me but he moved his knees onto my thighs pinning me painfully.

Opening my mouth to scream, he covered it with his hand.

"Shut up you know what's going to happen. So why don't you lie back you know you're going to enjoy it." he slurred into my ear before kissing down my neck.

Tears ran down my face as I tried my hardest to fight him off. He tore off my shirt and pants. I couldn't fight him, I couldn't stop what was happening.

My wolf pulled at my conscious. She wanted to be in control to protect me. I receded back into my mind, I could no longer feel what he was doing to me no longer seeing through my eyes. It felt like I was curled in the ball in the back of my mind for hours. But eventually my wolf came limping back. She wouldn't look me in the eye but nudged me signaling for me to go back in control.

Opening my eyes, I'm staring up at the ceiling. I'm naked, alone and in pain. Stumbling, my eyes search the room in case he hasn't left. Moving with small painful movements, I go to the bathroom. Turning the shower on, I step in even while the shower is still warming up. Sitting with my knees to my chest I wait until the water is burning my flesh before I begin to scrub. I'm red and raw when I step back out of the shower.

Going to my closet, I slip on a pair of sweats and tank top before grabbing a bag. I quickly begin to pack my bag, filling it with clothes and personal effects I couldn't bare to leave behind. Stopping at my desk i pause to write a note to my brother.

Dear Tommy,

I love you. You are an amazing brother and I'm lucky to have someone like you in my life. I planned to tell you I was leaving but I knew the second I saw you I would cave. This pack needs you and I couldn't keep you from them. I just couldn't stay here anymore. I love you.

Leaving the note on the desk, I wiped my tears and jumped from the window, bag strapped to my me. Looking back at the house I took off for the tree line. I had to get away no matter how dangerous or how young I was in the human world.

After crossing the border, I paused and let a howl out that even shocked me. It was moanful, painful and full of anger. It would let the pack know their Luna was gone and would never be returning.

Before my brother could call me or send trackers after me I smashed my phone. Running off and away from the hell that was my old life.