Prologue

I stare blankly at my Grandma's grave.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Just a week ago we were telling the corniest jokes and laughing how stupid it was.

How did it come to this again?

By again I mean my mom and dad died from a car crash 10 years ago, along with my baby brother.

I still remember that day, December 21, 2017. I was in my grandma's house watching My little pony, so As a seven year old, I always believed in magic and miracles. But it was all bullshít. I was wrong.

Seeing my mom and dad on their death beds lying so peacefully, not shedding a word- send me to tears. Especially when my little brother who had died with them. He wasn't born yet, he was still in my mom's stomach. He wasn't due until a few months, but I was so excited. They even had a room and a name picked already for him. "Johan Louise Ralavienge."

I was possibly the happiest girl when I found out my mom was having a brother. Though I heard little brothers can be annoying, I wanted to tease him about 'liking' girls and watch him grow up.

One point in my young life that was my dream. But all of that came crashing down, all because of that car crash. All because of a drunk driver driving in the streets of Merito.

I blank out of my thoughts as I hear a groggy voice.

"Ania?" I ignore the voice and kept staring at my grandma's grave.

"Aine." The voice repeated once more, but sternly. It was my nickname, and only one person calls me by that name.

I heave a sigh while turning my way to my uncle who gave me a meaningful smile.

"Aine, are you okay?" He asked, walking towards me. He clammed his fingers around my left shoulder to pull me into his chest.

We both sigh in sync and stare at grandma's grave. I didn't need to answer his question. He already knew the answer.

If you're still confused, my grandma died due to a heart attack. I was at school when this happened. I just came home and there she was, on the floor, lying still.

I quickly called 911, bursting into tears. I didn't want to lose her. She was the only thing I've got now- Well besides uncle- she was the person who practically raised me. uncle on the other hand, he wasn't around to take care of me. He was too caught up traveling around the world living his dangerous life.

Since he's the only one I've got as a family member, I called him while grandma was in the hospital. Good thing he was only four hours away from me (by plane) and came home as soon as he heard the news. He may not be around with me all the time, but he does visit every year. Never in a specific date, he just shows up randomly.

"This. . . I-I just can't believe it." I stuttered, merely crying.

"I can't believe it too." He mumbled. "The last time I remember, we we're eating in the table with mom, dad, Misa (Ania's Mom), laughing how disgusting the food dad cooked. That was the best memories before dad died and Misa. . . . Died. I still can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'm the last one." He audibly sighs, not taking his eyes off grandma's grave.

"Life seems to fly by." He mumbled.

I wipe my eyes from the upcoming tears and smiled. "Yes, but at least the memories we shared were beyond memorable. I will not forget."