Chapter 8

Your POV

Edward looked pissed that I had called him short. Envy refused to move from in front of me. I stood there not knowing what to do.

"Look, just let the girl come with me. You know that you can't hold onto a tool forever."

"Hell no! You won't even bother to learn my name. I'm not leaving Envy, so just forget it, shorty." He blew a fuse.

"Who are you calling a super midget that gets eaten by a frog and run over by an ant?!?!?!?"

I glared at him and glanced at Envy. He's being unusually quiet. I hugged him and earned another curious glance from Edward.

"You can't have her pipsqueak." Envy growled.

"You're confusing. Why do you even stay with him?" I glared at him.

"You stay with the people you love, right?" He nodded. "That's why I stay with him. I love him." Envy sucked in a breath. I'm not surprised. That's only the second time he's heard it in his entire life.

"He's somehow brain washed you. There's no way you could love a monster like him!"

"Shut up! Just. Shut. The. Hell. Up! He's not a monster!" Envy was staring at me. "He's a human with special powers that's all. And before you say anything about killing people, think about the endless wars we've fought, think about the military. Can you still say he's the only one who enjoys killing?" He didn't answer. "I love him and there's nothing about him you can do about that."

He mumbled something unintelligible. Then spoke louder. "What exactly is it about him you love?" I blushed slightly.

"I love how he protects me. I love how kind and sweet he can be. I love how clever he is. I love his eyes and how they show so much emotion. I love spending time with him. I love talking to him. I love everything about him."

We were silent for moment. Then Edward shook his head, transmuted a weapon, and charged at us. Envy pushed me out of the way and started fighting.

Envy went for Edward's automail leg and I realized that he was just trying to immobilize him. I stood up and stomped my foot in Edward's direction. The ground moved and unbalanced him. Envy hit him and almost completely destroyed his automail. He must have a good mechanic if he can still move that leg.

"What the hell! What kind of alchemy is that?!" Edward shouted at me and Envy shot me a glance that said, what-the-hell-are-you-doing-idiot-you're-gonna-get-hurt-stay-the-hell-away.

"My kind of alchemy!" I said and stomped my foot again. This time I completely knocked him over. Envy went to destroy his automail, but Edward tripped him with his real leg and flung him against a nearby wall. He clapped his hands and the material of the wall wrapped around Envy's mid-section and trapped him.

"Damn you, pipsqueak! Leave her alone!"

"Envy!" I ran towards him, but Edward grabbed me from behind. I struggled, kicked, and spat at him to get free. "Put me down!"

"Dont. Touch. Her." Envy spat. Then everything went black.

Envy's POV

I watched, helpless, as the pipsqueak knocked (y/n) unconscious.

"Dont. Touch. Her." I snarled again and clawed at the wall to get free.

"Tell me something, Envy. Do you really love her?"

"Why should I answer to you?" I spat

"If you don't, I'll just leave."

"You're going to leave and take her anyway."